Acura radio into older Accord - no sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

jimbiker

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 1998 Accord in which the CD part of the radio doesn't work. I found a 2003 Acura radio/CD/Tape at the junk yard with the same 2 din size and same attachment and same 20 pin connector in the back and it had a known security code. Trouble is I don't get any sound out of it; it switches between modes, displays frequencies, but no sound. I researched the pin meanings of the 20 pin connector and pin 14 is navigation (mute) for the acura and security out for the accord. I figured pin 14 was muting the radio so I cut that wire. Then the acura radio displayed frequencies but still no sound and then the display went blank after 15 seconds and then the dome light in the car started to dim ... I was discharging the battery rapidly. I turned off the ignition and disconnected the radio and the car was so discharged it wouldn't start. I charged the battery remotely and the car still runs ... I was worried I'd fried the computer.
Anybody know what happened and if the acura radio is still viable how I can get sound? I am going to reconnect pin 14.

Since the last report, I reconnected pin 14 wire and the Acura radio operates like it did in the past ... displays but no sound. I think my problem is that there is an equalizer with this radio and I don't have it ... so another trip to the junk yard to get it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.