Need Help I am confused!

Participant count
  • Participant list

PontiacGA05

ok so this isnt in a car but I installed a car stereo in my camper since it had no radio. the original dual head unit i put in was an old unit that used to be in one of my cars and it worked great. then i went to turn it on one time and got no sound.

so i got a newer deck and installed it, same issue. the speakers are good. I have pretty much come to the conclusion myself but wanted to make sure that what i think it is, is what it actually is.

I want to say its the antenna, would it be possible for an antenna to kill the audio part of a stereo? all my wiring is in good condition, the unit still powers on just fine, just NO sound.

Some campers have amplifiers in them to run more than just four speakers because of all the room in them, you might have a factory amp somewhere in there that needs to be turned on....did you hardwire the deck in or find a harness somewhere to fit it?... basically you want to make sure the remote turn on is hooked up to the factory amp turn on if you have a factory amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.