Need help getting the best stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

Arizreynoldsxxxx

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am considering upgrading the sound system in my 2013 Ford F150. I have identified three potential head units: the Sony XAV-9500ES, the Pioneer DMH-WT7600NEX, and the Alpine Halo 11. I also plan to replace the factory speakers and add a Rockford Fosgate amplifier and four P3D2 10s. It is important to ensure compatibility with the vehicle's existing features, such as steering wheel controls, camera, and proximity sensors. I would appreciate your expert opinion on which head unit would be the most suitable for my requirements.

Check out Crutchfield to determine the iData, PAC, Maestro Harness you will need to retain the infotainment/steering wheel functions, then we can talk the rest of the setup. Check out similar threads by querying 2013 Ford F150 build here and anywhere you can find it. Specific build info is really helpful in the journey.

Four 10's? okay, what about three 12's? or dual 15's? Ported or sealed? That is where the build specific info helps. What about sound treatments, deadening, foam rings, enclosures, wiring and electric?

Last of but most importantly, what is the goal and what;s the budget. No shortage if information here, just need to know what the end game is and what you want to spend to achieve this. It's helps to know what your skill level is when it comes to installation, DSP tuning if that is a consideration, fabrication, etc.

Last edited:
I was never a "diehard" pioneer guy but back in the day they made great gear...now it seems like they're coasting on past glory 😂

Their customer service is trash

I was never a "diehard" pioneer guy but back in the day they made great gear...now it seems like they're coasting on past glory 😂

Their customer service is trash
I was and still am a old school CD type of listener. Pio always had great CD players and fairly good TA/EQ options, got familiar and you know what they say, familiarity breeds contempt, for other products that is. Still a CD dude but the Burr-Brown DAC chips in those older units while decent, are not any better that the ones in my new eXcelon. so there is that. And with the use of an outboard DSP, HU TA/EQ is rendered moot.

I am looking at replacing the factory radio in my 2015 Chevy traverse which has nav and Bose. Looking at Kenwood DMX1057XR from Crutchfield. Has anyone used this in a Chevy? I looked up idatalink for compatibility and it seems like only kenwood would retain the dynamic backup guidelines in the rear view camera. What is the general experience with DMX1057XR in the community? Thanks!

I am looking at replacing the factory radio in my 2015 Chevy traverse which has nav and Bose. Looking at Kenwood DMX1057XR from Crutchfield. Has anyone used this in a Chevy? I looked up idatalink for compatibility and it seems like only kenwood would retain the dynamic backup guidelines in the rear view camera. What is the general experience with DMX1057XR in the community? Thanks!
Lifelong Pioneer Premier series user here. Switched to the Kenwood eXcelon Reference (XR) DDX9905S and never looked back. Excellent sounding unit, easy interface, versatile.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...