Need help for new build in my 94 Honda Accord

Participant count
  • Participant list

BrennZy

CarAudio.com Newbie
As the title says I own a 1994 Honda Accord. I've been thinking about finally getting a nice audio system. I bought the car with just a head unit and what sounds like cheaper speakers already in it. For speakers, I've been looking at the Rockford Fosgate power series. Specifically the T1693, T1650, and T1T-S for tweeters. I'm also thinking about getting the Skar Audio 12" EVL-1X12D2 sub but I don't know specifics on what size amp I would need. I'm also curious if I would need to upgrade my alternator or battery. I would love some help on what direction I should go here, thanks!

Strange pairing, top line (overpriced) rockford speakers with a bottom of the barrel sub. What are your goals and what is the budget? What head unit is in the vehicle, and what size alternator? The power series aren't bad speakers mind you, but everything with a rockford label is going to be about twice the price as similar competitors speakers. If you are alright with that, go for it. Skar subs are definitely not great. So many issues with cones, broken baskets etc.

As the title says I own a 1994 Honda Accord. I've been thinking about finally getting a nice audio system. I bought the car with just a head unit and what sounds like cheaper speakers already in it. For speakers, I've been looking at the Rockford Fosgate power series. Specifically the T1693, T1650, and T1T-S for tweeters. I'm also thinking about getting the Skar Audio 12" EVL-1X12D2 sub but I don't know specifics on what size amp I would need. I'm also curious if I would need to upgrade my alternator or battery. I would love some help on what direction I should go here, thanks!
I'm a huge fan of alpine power packs for speakers.

Edit: spelling

Strange pairing, top line (overpriced) rockford speakers with a bottom of the barrel sub. What are your goals and what is the budget? What head unit is in the vehicle, and what size alternator? The power series aren't bad speakers mind you, but everything with a rockford label is going to be about twice the price as similar competitors speakers. If you are alright with that, go for it. Skar subs are definitely not great. So many issues with cones, broken baskets etc.
I don’t really have a budget, just not looking for anything crazy expensive. The Rockfords are a little overpriced, what would you recommend for something similar? As for the head unit its a newer JVC head unit, I’d have to look at it after work for specifics. The alternator is a stock 70A on the F22B1 engine. I was looking at a Sundown Audio XV2 12”, would that be a better choice than a Skar? Although I would have to get a ported box separately, I’m completely fine with that if it means getting a quality sub.

I don’t really have a budget, just not looking for anything crazy expensive. The Rockfords are a little overpriced, what would you recommend for something similar? As for the head unit its a newer JVC head unit, I’d have to look at it after work for specifics. The alternator is a stock 70A on the F22B1 engine. I was looking at a Sundown Audio XV2 12”, would that be a better choice than a Skar? Although I would have to get a ported box separately, I’m completely fine with that if it means getting a quality sub.
The rockford comps are going to similar to the $100 jbl comps, probably pioneer kenwood etc as well. They aren't bad, just overpriced. And yes that sundown is what I would go with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...