F3 = 41.37 Hz

Fill = heavy

No. of Vents = 1

Vent shape = rectangle

Vent ends = one flush

Hv = 7 in

Wv = 7 in

Lv = 20 in

You got to use a lot of heavy fill otherwise it wont hit low for crap, yet still it wont hit low very hard cuz it peaks at 60hz

ugg, this sub isn't a good ported, it'd sound better in a 4 cube sealed/.5 lost from displacements.

design wise it is very hard to do from here, you'll have to work it out yourself, just brace open parts and double up the baffle.

good luck with these speakers.

ported sounds fine, trust me. I went with 3.1 cu. ft, supposed to be tuned to 32, but i screwed up on the port and its now tuned to about 28. Its loud, low, and accurate. And it still hits the higher frequencies(60-80) fine.

ok, so i can do 27x30.5x13.5...giving me 5.1cuft before displacement...that seems like the best plan, as its alot more space than before and its an easy build...would that be adequate for a ported box? or should i just stick with sealed

Ok....assuming 13.5 is the height, 27 is the depth, and 30.5 is the width...(exterior dimensions)

using 3/4" mdf...

For the vent...

depends on what you want...it will be 12 height 4 wide (inside dimensions)...you can make it....

12x4x10 for 40.8hz

12x4x17 for 35.24hz

12x4x30 for 30.3hz

12x4x52 for 27.89hz

I recommend 12x4x17 for ease and tuning~

Box Properties

Name:

Type: Vented Box

Shape: Prism, square

Vb = 4.091 cu.ft

Fb = 35.24 Hz

QL = 5.73

F3 = 39.39 Hz

Fill = heavy (poly fill)

No. of Vents = 1

Vent shape = rectangle

Vent ends = one flush

Hv = 12 in

Wv = 4 in

Lv = 17 in

as for the cuts, it depends on the way you want to do it, one side will over lap and will come out to w/e depth/width/height you use (13.5/27/30.5)

the other side will lose 1.5"s if you use 3/4" mdf..if you did the top and bottom 27x30.5, the front/back would be 12x29 or 12x30.5...then the sides would be 12x27 or 12x25.5.....just depends what side you want to overlap for the extra strength/baffle...something along those lines....

got it?

more pics =p

...I guess I recommend doing the:

top and bottom 25.5x29 (x2)

front/back 13.5x30.5 (x2)

sides 13.5x25.5 (x2)

tell me what you want to do and I'll work out the port/ect cuz I dunno where you want the port and subs, it all depends on what side will be the baffle.

I was kinda thinking you'd do it the way most people would, but I didn't think about firing up, I was thinking firing back or forward.

well the subs will be upfiring like they were before, don't know where the port would be best located...not sure which port i want either, to be honest i barely have any experience with ports and whatnot, ive built a few boxes but all of them have been sealed, will probably want a low tuning as i really want it to pound the low notes.

i dont really care what the cuts are, i can just figure it out at work as to whatever is easiest to get out of the sheet of mdf.

it would be really sweet to get a 3d drawing of the box with port placement and everything... more pics will come once i get this all figured out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.