Need help deciding what setup to do in my Silverado Crew Cab!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

sbarber82
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hello all, i am looking for some suggestions.

I am coming from a sub with a DD 9015 powered by a Hlabs 1600.2. I was pounding out 145+dbs and want something in my new ride that hits hard.

I have been doing a lot of research and just want some suggestions from all of you before I pull the trigger…

Here are the options I have been looking at. I am numbering them from my favorite option to least favorite.

1. (easiest option) 2 12" sundown sd-2 in a sealed under the seat downfire box with 1.2 ft^3 airspace per sub powered by my hlabs 1600.2

2. 2 10" subs forward facing under the seat in a ported enclosure under the back seat also powered by the hlabs 1600.2.

3. Lifting the rear seats 2.5"s and putting 2 12" subs under the seat in a sealed or ported enclosure with about 2 ft^3 per sub also powered by the hlabs 1600.2.

any other suggestions would be appreciated. I am not looking to taking the seats out or doing a cut through.

if you want to keep your back seat use go with the lift for the seat and get a custom ported box to fit under it id have brian from starrmountainsound build you one hes the man and great prices. i liked my downfired twelves just wasnt loud enouh for me but for the space it rocked

I am afraid of my kids kicking the subs if I forward face them... Will the downfire with 12's not be as loud or louder?
put some grills on them....the 12s have a better chance if you give them the optimum air space other than that I would give it to the 10s

put some grills on them....the 12s have a better chance if you give them the optimum air space other than that I would give it to the 10s
I went to the website you have on the bottom of your post and submitted a contact for a quote. If the 12's in a downfire at optimum airspace will be loud I am leaning that way. I am open though and can be convinced to go the 10" route. It just seems more logical coming from 15's to go to a 12 than a 10... But then again I can use real deal 10" subs and not the shallow 12" sd-2 subs if I go forward facing instead of downfire. Man am I overloaded with info right now I got to unscramble my brain

in my truck i have went from downfired 10s to down fired 12s and it was never enough do to airspace limits i went with two average 12s on the floor now going with just one monster 12. imo i agree with double07 id do the 10s side ported with grills. i have always wanted more out of my truck downfired subs

I think I have decided on going with 4 sa 8 v.2 subs forward facing in a ported enclosure built by Brian at starmountainsound.com.

Flush mounting the subs could be a good idea.. Anyone know if they make speaker grills that will fit of=ver the sa 8 with out impeding its performance or excursion?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.