Need help deciding on subs!

eherberger

So right now I have a 1200W Hifonics amp and a ported box for 2 12" subs. I'm trying to find some subwoofers that would work well with what I've got so far. My budget is around 120$ for both (I know it's not much, thats not what I'm asking) Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Pioneer TS-W310S4 (tsw310s4) 12" Single 4-Ohm Champion Series Car Subwoofer

or

Kenwood KFC-XW12 12" Single 4 Ohm Excelon Series Car Subwoofer

Any help on deciding which subs are better or any suggestions of other subs in my price range that you believe would be better would be greatly appreciated!

or you can get a single 15", Whats your goals? To get loud? to sound good? or to get a little bump and budget is the main issue?

Those kenwoods arent that bad, i've seen them bump decently in a good custom 4th order bandpass.

Also, DD has a new budget line up and they look pretty damned good. Check there as well. One thing to keep in mind when deciding, make sure whatever sub you decide falls somewhat into the specs for the enclosure. Will help with SQ.

One thing to keep in mind when deciding, make sure whatever sub you decide falls somewhat into the specs for the enclosure. Will help with SQ.
Well the enclosure I have is vented and has 1.55 cubic ft per sub. Based off that what would your suggestion be?

Well the enclosure I have is vented and has 1.55 cubic ft per sub. Based off that what would your suggestion be?
Dude I can't remember specs but when you're looking at each sub look at the recommendations for total cu.ft and try to at least stay around that. I highly recommend, when you find a few subs you like, do a search on here. Someone has tried what your considering. Their specs will be on here.

Dude I can't remember specs but when you're looking at each sub look at the recommendations for total cu.ft and try to at least stay around that. I highly recommend, when you find a few subs you like, do a search on here. Someone has tried what your considering. Their specs will be on here.
Alright thank you I appreciate the help

I used to have the pioneer tsw-308d4 on a hifonics hfi 1500 and they matched up pretty good. They were in an atrend vented box. I had them wired down to 1 ohm and they never blew. I sold them when I got some more money but the dual 4 ohms pioneer's would go nice with that amp in my opinion.

any of those choices you listed above would work in that enclosure. I'm assuming its a prefabricated enclosure you bought some place else right? A lot of the other brands require a much bigger box with better design so on a budget, your goood with either of them. Not sure about sounded good though, since its a prefab box, it will be tuned kind of high, you wont get super low notes but it should do fine on genres like EDM, Mainstream/radio stations, rock

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.