Need help connecting this amp

mountaineer
10+ year member

I have a Lanzar Vibe 250 its a 1000watt amp i want to connect it inside my house to my house stereo. Im using an ac adapter it works but when i turn up the volume the amp clips or somthing and no music comes out. I need to unplug it for 10 seconds and plug it back then it works again. What kind of ac adapter do i need how many volts and amps does it need to be. the ac adapter im using is 10 volts and 1200mA. Thanks

You need a power supply that can provide at least 60a of 12v.

A wall wart doesnt provide enough amperage, and you could easily damage the amp trying to underpower it.

Look on Parts Express to see how much one might cost.

1) the power requirement for the Amp is at least 12 volts

2) the power adapter is providing approx. 1/80th of the amount of amps the amp needs.

go buy a real power adapter that provides at least 50 amps.

cheaper would be a home stereo amp from craigslist..

1200 ma is only 1.2 amps. Like they said above you'll need somewhere around 50 amps to power the amp properly. You'll need an adapter that will give you about that many amps. I don't know what they cost or how easy they are to get. This is why people use home audio amps for home audio, not car audio amps.

LoL. That AC adapter probably can't even power a headunit safely let alone a 1000w amp.

You can try a car battery charger but they're only good for 10-15 amps. I'm sure there are high current power supplies out there but very expensive.

when i had my subs under my bed a few years ago, i just used two car batteries for power. it was ghetto, and eventually ran out of power, but that **** was awesome. i had two 15" kenwoods under my bed...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.