Need help connecting a surround sound receiver

Participant count
  • Participant list
How are you hooking them up? Analog? Digital (Optical/Coax)?

Video? SVideo? Component?

If you don't know, it would help to know what is on the DVD player, Sat Receiver, TV, and AV Receiver...

Wow I have know idea what you are talking about. I have only used RCA cables. All components can be connected via rca. I have more options but am comfortable with using rca's but if you think something else is better let me know. My real problem is how the satelite box fits in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

IF you go about it the most simple way then you will have 3 RCA's from both the sources (DVD and SAT), 2 for audio (L&R) and one for video. The receiver should have labeled channels such as "DVD" or "CABLE/SAT" hook them up to the proper channels simply matching the colors. Black = Audio Left, Red = Audio Right, Yellow = Video. Then to your TV there should be a Video out or "Monitor" Out, hook one RCA from the output of the Receiver to the Input of an Aux channel of the TV. That should be it.

IF you go about it the most simple way then you will have 3 RCA's from both the sources (DVD and SAT), 2 for audio (L&R) and one for video. The receiver should have labeled channels such as "DVD" or "CABLE/SAT" hook them up to the proper channels simply matching the colors. Black = Audio Left, Red = Audio Right, Yellow = Video. Then to your TV there should be a Video out or "Monitor" Out, hook one RCA from the output of the Receiver to the Input of an Aux channel of the TV. That should be it.
This pretty much what I did. I'll have to check the connection to make sure but right now the receiver is not produing any sound. The sat and dvd both produce a picture on the screen. Thanks for the help....

I missed one connection!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif It was the audio out from the tv to the receiver. If you look at the back panel where all the connections are made it looks like the last audio connection I made would be redundant but for some reason it is neccesary. Thanks guys.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.