Need Help Choosing Rims...Suggestion?

Acizzle423
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So, it has come time to put the truck on some new shoes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Anyways, I'm looking for either 20" or 22" rims. I have a 99' Ford Ranger "extended cab". Color is burnt orange, real nice paint and it has the chrome front/rear bumper. I'm really looking for some 20"s just because I doubt I could afford a pair of 22's right now, unless ya'll know some places or people. I really think some black rim's would be nice because I'd eventually get them painted to match the truck color. I just am not really looking to spend over 800-1000 for rims and tires.

I can get a set of tires for around 400-500, depending on size. I was planning on 275/45/20, but will that leave me with a bunch of rubber? I don't want any lower profile because Ford's do have a BIG wheelbase. I also DON'T plan on dropping my truck.

SO, I really could use some help/suggestions. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I have some 20's that would bolt right on your truck... but the tires are 245/35s... and therefore would be too small for what you needed.

I think the tire size you mentioned would look fine. And if you're looking for wheels that won't break the bank... check out RVM wheels. Not bad quality (and they make most, if not all, of their wheels in a glossy black finish) and fairly inexpensive. You can buy them direct off Ebay, if I recall correctly.

I was actually thinking of the RVM rims, but the only pair I saw I really like was the "Spazio". They were like 500 with shipping. Anyhow, if I were to go with that pair, how do you think they'd look on a Ranger? That's the only thing that is keeping me from ordering from them so far.

I also saw they had alot of negative feedback, mostly due to bad communication, but I gave them a call and they were pretty helpful.

About your rims though, what type did you have...How much are you asking w/o tires?

I was actually thinking of the RVM rims, but the only pair I saw I really like was the "Spazio". They were like 500 with shipping. Anyhow, if I were to go with that pair, how do you think they'd look on a Ranger? That's the only thing that is keeping me from ordering from them so far.
I also saw they had alot of negative feedback, mostly due to bad communication, but I gave them a call and they were pretty helpful.

About your rims though, what type did you have...How much are you asking w/o tires?
Mine are Gen-X Matrix wheels. Rather pricey... I think I see them go on eBay for $1300+ shipping just for the wheels. I would rather not part the tires off the wheels, and I think my asking price would be around $1100-1200... and that seems to be out of your price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-GenX-Matrix-Wheels-5-OR-6-Lug-Bolt-Pattern_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43960QQihZ019QQitemZ7974558854QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I have no doubt that that setup will look real clean on your truck. I have an 05 f-150 now, and bought it with a set of 20x8.5s on it, and 33's wrapped around it, and I love the way it looks. Classy, but kinda rugged.

Yeah, I'm not really diggin the Giovana rims, not to mention the price.

BUT, I found a site, ecwdubs.com, they have some rims by the brand Gio. Most of theirs are nice, but I'm really looking at the #942, those are nice. The only thing is they're 20x7, but will that really make a difference with the width of the rims? My brother has a pair simaliar to those but his are the Akuza Creepin 22's, which are really NICE. They'd look sweet on the ranger. As for tire size I think I'm gonna go down to 275/40 instead of 45.

Anymore suggestions? I'll also up some pics of the truck tomorrow.

Added a picture of my truck, but I still need a bunch of suggestions. I'm trying not to spend over 1K for rims/tires, but I'm getting those separately, I'm pretty sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.