need help choosing new subs

vibe

CarAudio.com Elite
HELPPP!!! so i just ordered a hifonics brutus amp cea rated at 2400w rms. im looking to upgrade from 2 12" kicker comp R. Im looking at a few different options a 15" orion hcca 2 sundown audio x 12s or 2 incriminator death rows 12's. i have a 240 amp h.o mechman alternator a ground shaker ported box and its all in a 98 lexus es 300. if anyone has any input i would greatly appreciate it. any other options are going to be appreciated too. sorry hope this isnt too noobish i want it to be loud and hurt but also sound good too.

Nothing is ever noobish. Don't you worry about that. However, with my experience with Hifonics...I'd send it back and spend a little more for a better quality amp. I had a Hifonics HFI2000...and it didn't do anywhere near 2000rms, maybe 800rms on a good day. I've ran DC audio and Sundown Audio subs. And you definitely get your money worth if you buy either subs. Sundown audio will also take quite a beating.

But the subwoofers you have listed are all good subs. I've seen everyone say stuff about it and there's no downfall in them either.

even if it is cea rated at 2400w rms at 1 ohm and 1600w rms at 2 ohm you dont think it will get there? and any input on a good amp would be appreciated. thanks for the response by the way.

yeah i have 0 gauge awg ofc nvx power wire big 3 done with the same wire and 12 gauge fosgate speaker wire. thinking about switching to 8 guage though. just really am dissapointed that i fell into a set of subs thats sound quality is nowhere near where i want it.

I have a BRX1600.1D on a single American Bass XFL 12" and it is loud as all hell for a single 12. On that amp I'd throw a pair of XFL's on it, they are kickass subs and can handle 2k of clean power a piece, leaves you room to strap another BRX2400.1D on them!

better than incriminator and sundown? or is it all kind of personal prefrence and i have a 800$ budget but i mean bang for the buck is always nice.

I have one 12 IA death row on a sundown saz2500 wired at 2 ohms so it's only seeing 1200 watts so I don't cook it and I am very happy with it.. Sounds good and makes my windshield flex in my civic.. I got the sub about 7 months ago so it's the older 1000w rms version but now they are rated at 1500 rms and I bet you'd be completely happy with 2 12's on the right power...also you can't beat the sale prices incriminator has this month 285 for a new dr shipped... I'm actually thinkin bout upgrading to a death penalty since the price is so good right now

Are these subs reliable? And bang for your buck how does hifonics brutus line of amps compare? I want to make a competition system for my car.

Are these subs reliable? And bang for your buck how does hifonics brutus line of amps compare? I want to make a competition system for my car.
You won't be disappointed with any of the subs mentioned so far, all of them are very high quality equipment. Hifonics is not a competition brand generally, if you're looking for competition you will want a different amp. Not saying it won't work well, it just might barely do rated but nothing more.

its not very efficient either i have the brx 2400 right now, all it is, is budget power, and to run it you have to have a decent electrical because my buddy tried out my amp with his weak electiricals, and the output dropped pretty bad. I remember it was 13.6 dropping down 12.4 volts clamped at 1300 ish rms impedance rising to 2.12 ohms (wired for 1 ohm).

It does a lot better in my car since i beefed up my electricals decently only off by a couple rms from rated with stable 14.4 voltage

OP, do you plan on adding any power in the future? Just my two cents, but a BRZ2400 would probably leave a pair of X-12s or Death Rows wanting more. Even a pair of XFLs could take plenty more. Don't get me wrong, they'd still be great on output and clarity (any of the choices), but a little more power definitely wouldn't hurt here if you can save up for a bit more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.