Need help choosing coaxials

Participant count
  • Participant list
Wanted to buy the Alpine SPR-60's for my front doors but just couldnt afford them at the time and ended up picking up the Pioneer TS-D1302R since they were half the price (which i ended up ordering the 5.25 inch set by mistake instead of the 6.25 inch set). I have fallen in love with these D series Pioneers but now that i can afford the Type R's should i just go for the 6.5 Pioneer's or the SPR's? The SPR's look like they handle more power from the looks of that "subwoofer like" surround but wondering if they'll make a difference or sound any better than the Pioneers. Any advice would be appreciated, and please do not bring up any other speakers i have set my mind on these 2 coaxials.

Setup : Alpine CDA-9887 w/KTP-445U Power Pack

Pioneer D series is much better than Alpine Type R IMO.

Pioneer TS D1720c is still my favorite budget component set to date. I say stick with them. At the very best, going to Type R comps is a lateral move, personally I consider it a downgrade.

Yea when i bought these D series every time i get in my car i cant believe how good they sound so i think im just gonna go for the 6 3/4 oversized ones which im sure will handle PLENTY of power.

Yea i think im just going to bridge my Ktp-445u and put 100 watts to them intead of the 50 they are getting now but then my rear speakers wont sound because my internal radio amp is no good. What do you suggest i do?

I also really like the Pioneer D series coaxials so they have my vote. I have the 6.75" components in my doors and the coaxial 6.5" as my center speaker. From a sound perspective they are very similar, even with the simpler crossover on the coaxial version. I would say if you are also happy with the Pioneer sound, stick with them and upgrade to the larger 6.5" or 6.75" version. Bigger is better. The 6.75" mids in my doors could play really low, even off of just deck power before I got my whole system done.

Don't worry too much about rears. HU power is fine
I dont have any HU power, my HU wont sound without an amp because the internal amp is blown so with my 4 channel amp i can either power 4 speakers or 2 but if i power 2 then the rears wont sound at all due to the issue my HU has.

I dont have any HU power, my HU wont sound without an amp because the internal amp is blown so with my 4 channel amp i can either power 4 speakers or 2 but if i power 2 then the rears wont sound at all due to the issue my HU has.
Ahh, well just run the fronts for now and instead of using the cash on extra comps, use it on an amp that will give u more power.

What do you guys think about the ID CTX65? These things have such high ratings that im tempted to step out of my usual pioneer/alpine and maybe take the risk. They cost $20 more than the spr 60's and $70 more than the Pioneers (lol)

Better than both. I've had them.

They don't have that weird peak at about 2.6khz like the Pioneers and don't have the overly emphasized tweeter like the Rs.

Solid midbass and clean midrange with a smooth tweeter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.