Need help choosing 6.5" Comps

kicker06
10+ year member

Umm, I don't pay for food
I am looking for components that cost around $150 with some pretty good midbass and have highs that are preferably a soft dome opposed to a metal dome. They will be run off the HU for now, but will be amped when I get the cash.

What about the Crystal Audio SScs6 or w/e they are called?

Other suggestions are welcome.

Around $150, can spend more though.

The forum favorites in that price range are definately the crystal's and the Rainbow SLC's. I just installed my set of SLC's and I am very impressed. They come at around 230$ US, but can be bought from a US retailer here on the forums.

Do some searching in this forum, both these component sets have been talked about LOTS.

I know about SLC's, I want something arond $150 though.
What about this Crystal Comps people are talking about? Do they have decent midbass/highs?
I hear (no pun intended) that they are fairly capable, but if you can swing about $200-220, go with the Alpine SPX-177R's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.