• Thread starter builder
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
B

builder

Okay, I'm building a box for my sub, but I need help. Because the box needs to be an odd shape, there are some non 90 degree angles. Do i need to cut the end's of the boards at and angle or can I just leave them at right angles and just fill in the gap with more sealant stuff? Also, do I NEED to carpet the box? I don't care what it looks like but I was wondering if it effects the performance.

I would take the time to cut the boards to the proper angles. If you have access to a table saw it's not too difficult. If you don't have access to a table saw I would just do the best that you can with what you have. There's no need to carpet the box, It's just for looks and to protect the box from knicks, scratches and other cosmetic reasons. I would seal the box with paint or some other wood sealant. Bare MFD board makes a great sponge for moisture and water.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.