Need help ATOTO Gen2 S8 Lite in 2013 Nissan Altima SL (Bose)

Participant count
  • Participant list

precise1

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Hello everyone, super noob here, but doing my best to learn.
I have a 2013 Nissan Altima SL...This model comes with BOSE sound system but no gps.
I have purchased a DOUBLE Din ATOTO Gen2 S8.Lite (10.1") <--click for link to product.

I have tried looking online myself. and have contacted several local audio shops near by, and am getting conflicted information from everyone.
Im hoping someone could tell me what parts I need to purchase to make the unit compatible with the car, factory backup camera, steering wheel buttons, and bose sound system.

I have reached out to ATOTO and this is what they replied to me

here are some links about the facia and a wiring harness (or CANBUS data interface)for your reference.

This is the link about the dash kits that may fit your car for your reference:
Metra Online
Or:
Metra Online

This is the link about the wiring harness that may fit your car for your reference( METRA – Metra Radio Harness Into Car (3)):
Results for: 2013 > Nissan > Altima > SL > 4-door > Sedan | Vehicle Fit Guide | Metra Online?

And about the stock backup camera they said I need an adapter to make the stock camera work.

This is another part I was looking at and wondering if I needed it

(2010-Up Nissan BOSE Harness)
https://www.scosche.com/nn06b

I'm still very uncertain, and was hoping if someone could list the exact parts I need for clean installation.
Would be very much appreciated.

I recently upgraded the head unit of my 2013 altima SV (no bose sound system) to a pioneer avh 1330 nex that my friend gave to me. I did some research and found the best device for retaining steering wheel control, backup camera, and general compatibility is the (PAC-Audio RP4-NI11 RadioPro Radio Replacement Interface).I had never installed a head unit before but the pac interface and instructions from crutchfield.com made it pretty easy for me. link below

It is plug and play and I was able to keep my factory backup camera and it was actually very easy to connect to the vehicle wiring harness. The Interface is compatible with the bose sound system and has 1 or 2 specific connections for the factory amplifier which your bose sound system has that the 4 speaker sound system my altima doesnt have. With the Pac interface you wont need any of the canbuss or fascia or extra bose harness because it has all of those built in and ready to connect to your vehicle wiring.
My radio is only 6.2 inches and it fits snugly into my double din metra dash kit im not 100% sure if your 10.1 inch would work with that kit.

You would also need an antenna if you want to get radio stations

You will also need this usb adapter

I hope this information is helpful to you and answered any questions or doubts you had. The pac may seem expensive at $100 but its really easy to install with the helpful instructions and it saves having to buy several different connectors.
in summary these are the parts you need:
pac interface
antenna adapter
usb adapter
dash kit

I recently upgraded the head unit of my 2013 altima SV (no bose sound system) to a pioneer avh 1330 nex that my friend gave to me. I did some research and found the best device for retaining steering wheel control, backup camera, and general compatibility is the (PAC-Audio RP4-NI11 RadioPro Radio Replacement Interface).I had never installed a head unit before but the pac interface and instructions from crutchfield.com made it pretty easy for me. link below

It is plug and play and I was able to keep my factory backup camera and it was actually very easy to connect to the vehicle wiring harness. The Interface is compatible with the bose sound system and has 1 or 2 specific connections for the factory amplifier which your bose sound system has that the 4 speaker sound system my altima doesnt have. With the Pac interface you wont need any of the canbuss or fascia or extra bose harness because it has all of those built in and ready to connect to your vehicle wiring.
My radio is only 6.2 inches and it fits snugly into my double din metra dash kit im not 100% sure if your 10.1 inch would work with that kit.

You would also need an antenna if you want to get radio stations

You will also need this usb adapter

I hope this information is helpful to you and answered any questions or doubts you had. The pac may seem expensive at $100 but its really easy to install with the helpful instructions and it saves having to buy several different connectors.
in summary these are the parts you need:
pac interface
antenna adapter
usb adapter
dash kit
It is helpful, I appreciate It. Its $150 here in canada, but its still much cheaper then the quote I got for the parts already. Assuming all the functions it lists will work on my car. Keeping the backup camera is a huge money savor. Ive seen some other 10" screens fit in 2014 and 2015 altimas so I believe it should fit, Im not sure which mounting dash I need.

So here are the parts I got, This everything I need or am I missing anything ?

Metra 95-7617GHG Double DIN Dash Kit for Select 2013-UP Nissan Altima Vehicles (Black)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/buyagain/r...GxpY2l0Q2FuZGlkYXRlcyI6IkIwMEJT RFpENTAifQ==

PAC USB-NI2 OEM USB Port Retention Cable
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/buyagain/r...GxpY2l0Q2FuZGlkYXRlcyI6IkIwMEhM U0ozNlEifQ==

Ai NI6 Nissan Male Antenna Adapter
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/buyagain/r...GxpY2l0Q2FuZGlkYXRlcyI6IkIwMDVR MzRZT0UifQ==

PAC RP4-NI11 Radio Replacement Interface with Steering Wheel Control Retention

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...