Need help ASAP.....problem with Alpine 9887

Participant count
  • Participant list

MValley70
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I thought I was having problems with my Alpine 9815.....about 2 out of every 5 times I would start my car there would be no sound coming from my door speakers (ran off deck power) only my sub. So since I thought there was something wrong with the 9815, I bought a 9887 to replace it, plus I wanted Ipod controls. I bought it from a member from another forum.

So I get it installed in my Tahoe and turn on the power, no sound.

The internal amp was off.....I turn it on, still no sound.

I check the fuse in the inline fuse holder on the power wire I ran to the batt....fuse is fine.

I make sure the connection to the batt is secure.....it is.

Turn off the power and turn it back on 5 or so times....still no sound

So I have yet to hear sound from the 9887.....atleast from the 9815 I was getting sound a little more than half the time.

Anybody have any ideas? I don't want to take it to my local shop if I don't have to

Thanks

Scott

sounds like you have loose connections at the speaker or your speaker wire has broken somewhere along the line. i would try connecting another speaker to the hu (like a spare laying around) to see if it works. that will tell you right away if it is the hu or not.

sounds like you have loose connections at the speaker or your speaker wire has broken somewhere along the line. i would try connecting another speaker to the hu (like a spare laying around) to see if it works. that will tell you right away if it is the hu or not.
So if one speaker isn't isn't connected or their is a broken connection, the internal amp shuts off?

Maybe it is just a poor connection with one of the speakers, because with the 9815 it worked some of the time and other times it did not.

So sometimes the connection is good and sometimes it is bad.....is that possible?

Although i have yet to hear sound from the 9887

Scott

Finally got sound out of the 9887.....2 out of the past 4 times I went somewhere, it came on.

So it is doing the same thing as my 9815.....so surely it isn't the HU.....

Plus I dont have a speaker laying around....

If I can't find time or warm weather to check the door speakers, I may just take it to the local shop and let them handle it

Scott

Most likely you have a speaker that is blown and/or grounding out

It is coming on when you drive because it most likely bumps loose and alows the radio of of protect mode

Take a voltmeter/ohmeter to your speakers and see which one is blown/grounded out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.