The best single DIN under $300?

S&S_ShovelHead
10+ year member

I'm currently restoring my 74 vette and am looking for a good single DIN. I want something with a good display to show me artist + song title + other usual info. I was thinking of a jvc kd-avx40 or jvc kd-avx2 because of the large display (wont be using DVD function though). Any other suggestions around and under $300 would helpful. I would like a double din but doubt I can fit it, this is what Im working with...

pioneer or jvc have some very nice decks under 300 that have nice full color dispalys

1163.jpg

.6” Wide Razor Look Din Size In-Dash Fully Motorized TFT Monitor/DVD/AM/FM

Fully Motorized detachable 5 position drop screen with last angle memory

• Razor front panel with back-lit EL sheet for night viewing

• DVD, CD, MP-4, MP-3, CDR, CDRW Player NTSC/PAL compatible

• All functions are displayed on screen via OSD (sixteen languages)

• 30-second electronic anti-shock mechanism

• SD Card Slot for MP-3 Music or MP-4 Movies (memory not included)

• Accessory I-Pod Input Connection (Cable not Included)

• USB mini input for MP-3 Music or MP-4 Movies

• Antenna trigger wire

• Amplifier trigger wire

• Brake screen safety trigger

• Telephone Mute trigger wire for Blue Tooth adaptation

• AM/FM with 30 pre-sets (18/FM – 12AM)

• 4-channel high power 50 x 4 channels (mosfet power)

• 1-Auxiliary Input for Back-up Camera

• 1-A/V in for secondary source input

• 1-RCA Output

• LO/DX and stereo mono selector switch

• Electronic (Bass, Treble, Volume, Balance, Fader)

• Pre-set EQ functions (Rock, Pop, Classic)

• Digital Clock

• DVD, PAL/NTSC selectable

• Panel brightness 300 NIT

• ISO/DIN Mount

• Full function remote control

• 4 screen modes

• Last position DVD memory

200 shipped bnib 1 yr warranty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i'd got with eclipse or pioneer if i had the moniez..or alpine, the make really good HU's too!
take eclipse off the list as there gona be leaving the market. i wouldnt get a new HU from them then have the company leave and boom! warranty could be gone, repairs would be MEGA EXPENSIVE!

I dont really like the look of the 9887 (looks dated), the display doesnt compare to the avx40 but Ive read the sound quality is good. What makes the 9887 cost $50 more than the jvc?

I dont really like the look of the 9887 (looks dated), the display doesnt compare to the avx40 but Ive read the sound quality is good. What makes the 9887 cost $50 more than the jvc?
Quality, reputation, ease of use, and a great all around headunit. I have a 9886 and am stepping to the ida-x303 or x305, Alpine is the only headunits i will run after the experiences i have had wtih them. JVC, while they do make pretty good stuff, will never compare to Alpine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.