Need HeadUnit suggestion with SD card

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zarxrax

NC
I'm a total noob here, and don't know anything about this stuff.

I've got a 2000 toyota camry, and I'm fed up with messing with CDs all the time.

I think the best solution for me would be if I could play mp3s from an SD card in my car.

The only real requirements for me are that I want SD card support, and I want AM/FM radio. And hopefully it would support playlists or something.

The stock radio in my car is one of those big double size ones. Can I replace it with a smaller one?

Also to be honest, I don't like the design of most of the head units I have seen when I browse around. The one that came in my car is simple and all the buttons are clearly labeled. Most of the stuff out there looks like some futuristic space radio! LOL

If possible, I would like something with a bit more reserved design, but if that's not an option then that's fine.

Could I get some suggestions please?

usb support or SD card?

you can find an SD to USB adapter for cheap.

Kenwood and Pionners have always done a good job reading usb for me

JVC is another great brand

whats your budget? what year camry?

I would prefer if it reads SD cards, so I wont have anything hanging out of the unit. Or maybe if it had an internal memory (do they make any like that?)

I have a year 2000 camry, and I hope to spend about $200 or less. I don't really need a bunch of other features besides what I mentioned, but if I need to spend extra money to get a unit that's not crap, I'll consider it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.