Alpine 9853 Clipping Volume

Participant count
  • Participant list
.75*35= 26.25

you should check if you have a high output ampsetting in you deck it would allow you to turn the volume much higher

mine has it 30 max on low and 50 on high

i use 28/35 and haven't had any problems. i was using the deck in my house hooked up to a psu just temp to test it out and there's obvious distortion over 30.

.75*35= 26.25you should check if you have a high output ampsetting in you deck it would allow you to turn the volume much higher

mine has it 30 max on low and 50 on high
It doesnt.

i use 28/35 and haven't had any problems. i was using the deck in my house hooked up to a psu just temp to test it out and there's obvious distortion over 30.
You have a way newer deck with different preout voltages too.

On this note, Most of the newer alpine decks can be turned all the way up without clipping on the preouts, I typically noticed distortion on my 9855 at around 20 when using the built in amp.

The 9887 doesnt clip at full volume and the bass attenuator at 15/15 on the preouts. Not sure on the speaker outs. I havent seen any conclusive testing on any of the Alpine units clipping level on the speaker outs.

Oscope fun. Alpine cda-9886 and Zapco 1000.4 - DIYMA.com

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

The 9887 doesnt clip at full volume and the bass attenuator at 15/15 on the preouts. Not sure on the speaker outs. I havent seen any conclusive testing on any of the Alpine units clipping level on the speaker outs.
This, also note that bass engine isnt bass boost, it just attenuates like said above. you should set your sub with it on 15

Oscope fun. Alpine cda-9886 and Zapco 1000.4 - DIYMA.com 

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

This, also note that bass engine isnt bass boost, it just attenuates like said above. you should set your sub with it on 15
That test on the 9886 is for the preouts as well.

On the bass engine. You have to set it to 15/15 to see rated voltage at the max volume. For example the 9887 has 4v preouts, but only with the volume all the way up. If I want to see a 4v preout I must have the bass engine set to 15/15 and the volume all the way up. If its 14/15 and all the way up it will be slightly less than 4v.

That test on the 9886 is for the preouts as well.
On the bass engine. You have to set it to 15/15 to see rated voltage at the max volume. For example the 9887 has 4v preouts, but only with the volume all the way up. If I want to see a 4v preout I must have the bass engine set to 15/15 and the volume all the way up. If its 14/15 and all the way up it will be slightly less than 4v.

You have a way newer deck with different preout voltages too.
On this note, Most of the newer alpine decks can be turned all the way up without clipping on the preouts, I typically noticed distortion on my 9855 at around 20 when using the built in amp.
what are the preout voltages in question here cause mine is 2v

what are the preout voltages in question here cause mine is 2v
Your deck is a whole different ball park from what i can assume. I dunno though because its just as old as the 9886, I cant imagine that it would clip though, just have a lower voltage, the 9853,9886,9887,117 all have 4v though. actually a little over 4v.

we are talking about the signal from the preouts clipping and not the internal headunit power.

Your deck is a whole different ball park from what i can assume. I dunno though because its just as old as the 9886, I cant imagine that it would clip though, just have a lower voltage, the 9853,9886,9887,117 all have 4v though. actually a little over 4v.
we are talking about the signal from the preouts clipping and not the internal headunit power.
i know lol kinda wish i owned an o-scope cause now im curious lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.