Need Feedback on Sub Comparison, please!

dannyt
10+ year member

I am trying to buy a new affordable setup. As the thread title states, I need some feedback/help. I've searched the forum to find similiar threads, but I am still unsatisfied.

2 12" 05 Kicker CompVR ($150 for both)

or

2 12" Infinity Reference 1250w ($100 for both)

I would have to build a new box. If I get the Infinity's, I would probably be going sealed. If I get the CVR's, I am debating about sealed or ported. I would also be buying a new amp so power shouldn't be an issue.

As for what I am looking for, I just want something that hits nice and clean while getting decently loud. Any comments, suggestions, or previous experiences will be greatly appreciated.

I think I hit everything you guys need to help me out.

Thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Infinitys

Good SQ for the money and cheaper then the Kickers. The Infinitys are also over 6 dB efficient then the kickers- louder for given wattage. (I have heard that Infinitys are overrated efficienct wise- but not more then 3db off.)

I have experienced both subs and the Kickers do not sound near as good as the Infinitys.

Thanks, but what exactly do you mean by "do not sound near as good"?

So the Infinity's will sound my cleaner and crisper, and they will hit more accurately over the Kicker's? But will the Infinity's get nearly as loud or if not louder?

Sorry for the numerous little questions. I'm just trying to ask you guys because you guys have much more knowledge on this stuff and so I won't regret my purchases wishing I would have gone with something else.

When I had the Kickers in a sealed box, and Infinitys in a sealed box (both manufacturers sugested [although not optimal]) The Infinitys were cleaner, louder, and deeper.

But once again that was sealed vs. sealed in my car. I now have 2 10" Infinity References in a decware "Wicked One" sub box. I am pleased everyday.

So if i went sealed, I should choose the Infinity's?

And if i went ported, I should choise the Kicker's?

How would sealed infinitys compare to the kickers ported?

Anyone have any other opinions?

there is only a $40 difference in the infininty's and the kicker's.

I am mainly looking for SQL. For each of the sub, which box would they be compatible with if im looking for SQL?

THanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.