Need enclosure opinions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Babykinns
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
How do you guys think an enclosure like this would work out with 2 subs on 1.5k rms? If I did a build like this I would make it so that open space you see would act as the enclosure when the trunk is closed except I would be able to use my "Enclosure space" for storage when needed? I would also make the floor part sorta like a trap door so I can still make use of my spare tire compartment?

This is in a 1992 Honda Prelude which is the same car I have.

I want opinions on how well you guys think this would work out?View attachment 26551182

Sorry the picture is so small heres a link to the site from the build.

http://www.preludezone.com/i-c-e/54811-prelude-trunk-small-big-subs.html

How would you get the box to seal? I would consider infinite baffle if you are concerned about trunk space
Dynamat and a proper trunk lining seal. There will be about 4-5 inches between the back of the subs and the seats would like to find a way to make it ported too but I think that may be impossible lol. I know for sure I can get it to seal.

On second though maybe it ain't impossible.

Holes for your trunk supports, vibration will unseal the trunk lid, plus the flex of the trunk lid. Tail lights, latch system, drain holes and grometts. There are a lot more air leaks than your thinking of. You would be much better off going IB but if you think you can make an enclosure with the trunk lid being a sealed panel on the box, go for it. Industry has always been driven by innovation and new techniques

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.