Need convertable components!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

chev4life
10+ year member

Hey all, I'm looking for some good convertable mounting component 6.5s for my nova. I've been looking all over the place and I get so many opinions but here is what I'm looking at:

HAT Imagine I61-2V2

CDT EU-61cv

JL? IDs? Arcs?

I would love to run a total American designed/made system. Front stage only, most likely powered by a Zed Leviathan III (front two channels) with a pair of Dayton 10's anchoring the bass off the other 4 channels bridged. Opinions, reviews, any help would be great. I prefer a smooth, uncolored sound with high SQ, this system wont be designed for killing things...I want good clear audio, tight midbass, and clear vocals...dont want to go crazy on cost if possible...

Im running a set of HAT imagines right now, as components. They sound good for the price. When set up as a component the tweeters can be a lil bright at times. I think they were more designed to be used as a coaxial.

Convertable as in component or coaxial? Why not just choose one or the other?
I need a co-ax setup but would like the flexibility of the external xover, plus I haven't found many co-ax that can handle the juice. That's why I was leaning towards a cv system. I am trying to keep my install as "original" as possible and the individual tweet makes it tough...may end up going that route of I can't find what I like.

Yeah, I saw that on the Imagines but they are getting some killer reviews. I may have to give in and go full component...maybe the CDT Hd-62 or the HAT Unity U61-2 6.5. Any thing else worth a look? I usually run active comps in my other cars and been really into the Seas stuff but id like to stay american if I can and keep it simple not going active.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.