Help! New to car audio. Advice on speakers.

KineticSteel

CA
[EDITED]

Hi, I'm a complete noob with car audio. And I don't understand a lot of the terms/jargon associated.

2005 Matrix w/

-Pioneer DEH-P3800MP

-Infinity Basslink woofer.

I want to improve the mid & highs

-----

It seems like the recommendation is to get a component set, an AMP, and possibly a new head unit. I'll probably need some other specialized tools to do the installation along with this, but putting that aside from now.

I'm havering trouble understanding the big picture.

1. Can I get a holistic recommendation on a set of all recommended upgrades combined. I don't want to pick and choose from various posts and end up with an unbalanced system.

2. I would like the set to be as budget conscious as possible without being a pointless upgrade. (This way I can figure out if better sound is truly worth an extra $xxx.xx)

----

Anyway, any advice even remotely related is much appreciated. And links to any good websites that I can study up to learn my ABC's would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi & welcome to the forum!

I recommend the Skar Audio 6.5cs speakers. Skar Audio makes excellent equipment at an affordable price. They also have great customer service. The owner Kevin is a forum favorite & hero; great guy. Visit SkarAudio.com to check out their speakers & to place an order.

Have a blessed day!

-Smitty

-ca.com CEO

Hi, thanks for the response.

What is 6.5cs? It doesn't appear to be a model number, i searched it up at that website and google and it didn't didn't have any hits.

Hi, thanks for the response.What is 6.5cs? It doesn't appear to be a model number, i searched it up at that website and google and it didn't didn't have any hits.
6.5" component system... 6.5" mids, tweeters, & crossovers. For the price you cannot beat them! Very high quality & a favorite among car audio enthusiasts. Amazing company that really takes care of their customers. Here is a link to the speakers on their site. I believe they run $155, which is an amazing deal!

VXI65 Component Speakers

-Smitty

-ca.com CEO

no no no ,look at cdt components ,you'll need more money for decent sett tho ,also look to ad an amp to make them louder . and no skar.kevin is a douche bag.equipment is ok ,but over priced for what it is,and 9/10 it will be b stock instead of new.

The component speakers appear to come with tiny small speakers too.

How are those installed? where are those supposed to be installed?

The component speakers appear to come with tiny small speakers too.
How are those installed? where are those supposed to be installed?
Those are the tweeters. You can mount them wherever you like.

Hi, I'm a complete noob with car audio. And I don't understand a lot of the terms/jargon associated.
My used car (2005 Matrix) came with a Pioneer DEH-P3800MP and an infinity basslink woofer.

I want to replace the front speakers. I have no idea what speakers I should be looking at, what brands are good, and what kind of budget I'm going to need.

I'd like to keep the total cost under $100, is that enough? Should I wait and save up some more?

I read somewhere that balance is very important to a car audio system?

Since I'm quite satisfied with my woofer, I think I only need speakers that have good mid / highs?

Anyway, any advice even remotely related is much appreciated. And links to any good websites that I can study up to learn my ABC's would be nice.
90 percent of this forum are on a witch hunt against Skar. They make good subs and amps, I'm sure the comps are good too... but I've only heard them via Youtube.

You'd have to up your budget a bit to get much anybody would suggest here.

The small drivers are tweeters OP, they play the higher frequencies, and require less magnet and surface area to do that.

hmm. I don't think I have the skills to install tweeters.

I'm looking more for something that I can install in place of the stock factory speakers in the front car doors.

Is this kind of car audio system good bang/buck? Since I think I'll have to hand over installation to a car tech or something if I need to create custom mounts.

@Flex

What kind of budget are we talking about. Will my current head unit be enough to power the stuff recommended on these forums?

I'm looking more for something that I can install in place of the stock factory speakers in the front car doors.

Is this kind of car audio system good bang/buck? Since I think I'll have to hand over installation to a car tech or something if I need to create custom mounts.
They are extremely easy to install. If you can hang a picture on a wall you can mount those tweeters.

It's not too tough to install a component set.

If you're going to do a component set, amping them is necessary, and if you're not going to amp them, just throw in a 30$ set of speakers, because they will sound just as good as a 100$ set off of Headunit power.

Los Angeles California, I'll update the opening.

I'm currently looking up youtube videos to figure out if i can handle the installation.

@smitt

Mylows is a scammer? Thats a pretty viscous accusation. Why is he a scammer? he isn't even trying to sell me something?

@under

I think my sub has an amp in it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.