need box for gf's first setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

JL Audio
5,000+ posts

ThugStep
KY
So far we are looking to simply get her "a" sub, brand not that important but for the price, i've picked out this thus far:

Boss CX8 - 8" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

She has a single visonik amp that does rated 70w x1 @ 4 ohm, which should be plenty for that sub.

anyhow, she'd like the box to go all the way across the back of the trunk but using re's calc, I can't really get the right amount of air the sub specs recommend of .65 max ported. I have done around .9x before sub displacement.

pretty sure it's width between the rear wheel wells was 38" ( i'll check this again as soon as she gets home ) and i'd like the box to be no larger than 9" deep and 10" tall.

anyone want to work out something? She listens to la roux / gaga / most popular things on the radio and ocassionally one of my cds, lower tuning would be great but i'm sure she'd be happy with 34-36 no problem.

anyone wanna help? shouldn't take that long on a single 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
If u we're a little bit closer i'd build it.
bah //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Build it smaller width and get a beauty panel.
no eh i'd rather not really.

Build it however thin/wide/tall you need to then have the sub inverted so no depth issues?
depth isn't an issue so much, just want the design done by someone who can do them.. my skills are not the best on this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.