need battery terminals for my factory dual battery setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Greggk
10+ year member

An ARMY NCO 24/7
first off my passenger side positive terminal in literally breaking. that's the side that the starter pulls off of. do i have any options for this?

this pic is how mine is setup, but alas its not mine. the part that clamps to the battery is cracked causing a bad connection.. thoughts? and im not paying ford $200 for a new setup

6684d1267310891-battery-cable-replacement-dsc04543.jpg

the other side is also going bad as well but i figured i would just use an aftermarket stereo type setup where its got the holes for additional wiring, and run my amp from this side.. any ideas? im trying to get this problem all figured out before i hook up my system. please help.

Yes you do have options...First go and get some /or a new terminal at Orielys/Autozone,and replace those jokers.!!!Ford wants 200bucks??FOR THAT??I need to switch jobs man...You shouldnt have any trouble changing that out...you can always google a pic up to look at?????You can always cut those off, and use a ring terminal for one side,and post connection for the other,and tighten the ring terminal to the bolt down of the clamp????Might cost you like what???20Bucks??

you are kind of missing what i was asking. guess i should have been more specific.

those high speed terminals that are available. do they make one that would work for the passenger side, the side that has an in and out for the power.

also can i run the amp off of the other battery, or does it have to be the one that starter draws power off of

Not real sure that I have seen one in a while like that one.I had an 87 taurus that had that connection,and I got rid of it,due to always being in the way/TIGHT trying change battery out,so I figured why not get whats most common and readily avail.on the market,and relieve the stress??I have two battery set up rt now on my 98 chevy x-cab,and I run truck off of the main start up battery power source,and my stereo system supply off the 2nd source/battery.

Its been three years and i havent had any issues yet.though i did add a HO alternator-255amp in stock casing,and location,and put 2 redtops in also.Put everything in myself as well.. took like 3 hours of my time but.. havent had any issues since.I ran 1 HCT 22ooAudiobahn at 1ohms for the subs,and the A4x125 HCT on my mids and highs at 2ohms stereo,and kept a steady 14.4v at all times even with the a/c running,and the lghts on and the bass banging!! Never dropped!Did the big 3 upgrade for the power hungry amps..The 140amp just wasnt quite enough for the app.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.