need answer please!

psykotyk
10+ year member

im trying to hook up my amp but it will only power on when i plug the rcas into output and it wont power up when there in the input, i tried new rcas and even a new deck.. i took the amp into audio video and they hooked it up in their shop and it worked fine... what is the problem or what could i try? my amp is a hifonics brutus 2100 hooked up to 2 15" kicker l7s/ one ohm

im trying to hook up my amp but it will only power on when i plug the rcas into output and it wont power up when there in the input, i tried new rcas and even a new deck.. i took the amp into audio video and they hooked it up in their shop and it worked fine... what is the problem or what could i try? my amp is a hifonics brutus 2100 hooked up to 2 15" kicker l7s/ one ohm
is everything wired correctly? grounded correctly? is your remote wire correctly installed?

Is that a stock head unit.

did you hook everything up right? amp needs a Power positive to the battery. a chassis Ground, and remote power turn on from the deck.

Have you hooked up the speakers yet. You should wire then up and see it the get output when the amp is on no matter which rca terminal you use. The owners manual should tell you which is from the deck to the amp and where it goes.

wow I have no clue what you're doing. by everything is hooked up correctly please explain in as full of detail as you can how everything is hooked up. IE Remote wire to HU to remote on amp, Power wire from batt to + on amp, ground from sanded chasis location to - amp. these 3 things are the most important, as far as the amp turning on that pretty much soley has to do with the remote wire being properly wired to the HU or an ignition location.

Yeah some HUs have features you need to turn on/off in order to get your amp working properly. The more info you can give the more likely we can help solve your issue. model numbers on the hu,wires stuff like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.