Need an opinion of someone that recently bought the CL-61A.

gibhunter
10+ year member

My tweeter cutouts in the doors are just perfect for the Reference 1" tweeter or 1.8"

The tweeter cutouts for the CL-61A are either 1.5" or 1.58" depending on if they come with the TW-19 tweeters or the TW-20 tweeters.

I'm about to order these speakers, but I'm afraid that the cutouts are too big for these tweeters. How big are the flanges on the flush mounting brackets? Are they big enough so that these tweeters can still be mounted securly, or am I better off looking at a different component set?

OP
G

gibhunter
10+ year member

OK. Don't bother, I'm going with the Kicker RS6. It's only $30 more than the CDT and by most accounts is every bit the CL-61A's equal. It also comes with the 1" silk dome tweeter that I know will fit and the crossover attenuation goes all the way down to -6db. For my hurting ears (thanks to the reference 6000cs) it's just what the doctor ordered:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.