4" and 4"x6" speakers - recommendations???

rasta_cruz

hello everyone. i just joined this site and am trying to design a decent system for my 1996 Honda Passport. unfortunately, there isn't much room in the doors for anything bigger that a 4" and the rear has places for 4"x6" (euro cut) in enclosures mounted up on the rear ceiling. so, i guess i looking for good coaxial replacements to be powered by a PPI 50wx4 amp @ 4ohms. i also plan on a 12" JL sub powered by a PPI 300x1 amp @ 4ohms. so, as you can see i'm not trying to get crazy, just want good clean sound with adequate bass.

i've listened to the JL TR400CXi 4" coaxials and they sound nice, pretty decent mid bass for a 4". i have been looking at, but have yet to hear, the MB Quart RKC110 4" coaxials.

for the 4"x6", the local car stereo shop recommended the Kenwood KFC-X468C coaxials, which sounded better than the Alpines or the Bostons. however, they would require trimming the metal around the edges to get them to fit in the euro size 4"x6" openings. i've also been looking at, but also yet to listen to, the MB Quart DKD146's or the PPI 46.1's.

anyone have any suggestions on which 4" and 4"x6" would give the best sound at a decent price. i'm hoping to spend $200 or less for both sets. i want to use the factory locations and don't want to have to do any cutting of the speaker or door panels. thanks for any help you can give.

Jah Bless!

rasta

I have the RKC110 in my car, They are great little speakers. I had Kappa's in there and they were not any better sounding than the MBQuarts. You can get either for 60bux shipped on Ebay. Thats where i got mine.

thanks for the input everyone. well, i've got my 4" front speakers worked out, but i'm still trying to figure out the 4x6" rears. they are euro/metric sized, so the rectagular shaped or 4x6" plates will not fit. i like the way the kenwood kfc-x468c excelon's sound, but they are the rectanglur shape and would require trimming the metal edges, which i don't feel comfortable doing.

can anyone recommend some euro sized 4x6's that will have a nice sound and decent mid-bass powered by a 50w PPI amp. some models i know will fit are mb quart dkd146, infinity reference 6402cf, jbl gto6426, kicker k46, ppi46.1 and boston fx7e. unfortunately, i have not been able to hear any of these.

thanks again,

rasta

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rasta_cruz

rasta_cruz
Santa Cruz, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
SilverJLEclipse