Need an energy efficient/Low-budget 2,000 to 2,500 rms @ 1.33 ohms

kmu
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I bought an NVX JAD 1200.1 about a month ago for my future build but Im dead set on doing a triple SA8v3 or SA-X8v2 build so I will be under powering them.

The NVX is rated at 1,200 rms @ 1 ohm and certified at 1,384 @ 1 ohm, I will probably be getting somewhere around 1,150 rms @ 1.33 ohms giving each Sundown audio sub sub 383 watts and underpowering them.

To correctly power the 3 subs I would need around 1,800 to 2,200 rms @ 1.33 ohms.

My car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015 with a stock 220 amp alternator, what would be the best energy efficient and budget friendly (under $350) amp?

Here are a couple of amps Ive seen

Orion XTR2500.1 rated at 2,500 rms 1 ohm ($325, seen several birth sheets rating it at 2,900+ at 1ohm, the downside is that from the reviews its needs a lot of current)

Skar Audio RP2000.1 rated 2,000rms 1 ohm (very good price $230, good dyne test over rated power, don't know if its energy efficient)

Massive Audio E4 2,000 rms @1 ohm ($300, don't know if its energy efficient or certified output)

Precision Power ICE5000.1D 2,500 rms @1 ohm (very cheap $230 don't know if its energy efficient)

MB Quart DA2400.1 2,400 rms @ 1 ohm (Very cheap $260 don't know if its energy efficient)

Any other choices please let me know, THX in advance

For 350$ I’d keep a eye out for a used bc2000. But any amp that’s pulling a real 2-2.5k your going to be pulling amps no matter what weather it’s efficient or not. I’d say Brazilian for efficiency but I personally wouldn’t buy one or recommend one. That’s a whole different topic that’s been beat into the ground here. But for 2000watts at 14v that pulling around 142 amps. With everything operating your vehicle and the system you’ll be on the edge of your systems limits. But with a good agm and the big 3 a bc2000 should do nice. Also not energy efficant but cab 1600 does rated for 199$. Not a big fan of cab myself for personal reasons but that or the skar for 200$ isn’t bad.

This amp hands down. None of the other amps hold a candle to it efficiency wise.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/635570-taramps-dsp3k.html

You forgot to account for box rise which is around triple your nominal wiring, AND that music is dynamic. Do the big 3, have a battery in the back and Set your gains via voltage drops and you are fine.

Whatever amp you'll get you'll be seeing around 4 ohms real world power after rise and not for long so I wouldnt worry about your 220 amp alt which is WAAAY more than enough.

For 350$ I’d keep a eye out for a used bc2000. But any amp that’s pulling a real 2-2.5k your going to be pulling amps no matter what weather it’s efficient or not. I’d say Brazilian for efficiency but I personally wouldn’t buy one or recommend one. That’s a whole different topic that’s been beat into the ground here. But for 2000watts at 14v that pulling around 142 amps. With everything operating your vehicle and the system you’ll be on the edge of your systems limits. But with a good agm and the big 3 a bc2000 should do nice. Also not energy efficant but cab 1600 does rated for 199$. Not a big fan of cab myself for personal reasons but that or the skar for 200$ isn’t bad.
Thanks for the bc200 suggestion, yes that Skar amp looks good specially for the price.

This amp hands down. None of the other amps hold a candle to it efficiency wise.
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/635570-taramps-dsp3k.html

You forgot to account for box rise which is around triple your nominal wiring, AND that music is dynamic. Do the big 3, have a battery in the back and Set your gains via voltage drops and you are fine.

Whatever amp you'll get you'll be seeing around 4 ohms real world power after rise and not for long so I wouldnt worry about your 220 amp alt which is WAAAY more than enough.

Just look at several video and Dyno tests of the Taramps DSP3k, looks efficient and with a very small footprint for being that powerful, the only downside is that its over budget.

How is the quality of the Taramps? where would be a good place to get them?

Why does it gotta be energy efficient? We're talking about amps here, not appliances.

What I meant to say is that I was looking for an amp that I would be able to power without replacing my stock 220 amp alt

What I meant to say is that I was looking for an amp that I would be able to power without replacing my stock 220 amp alt
Oh gotcha, I figured you didn't wanna do too much to your electrical. That alt if it's really 220 amperage, that's plenty for what you need. Def n o need to replace. Big 3 and nothing else. You might have a good battery already, I dunno, you didn't mention it or I missed it.

Oh gotcha, I figured you didn't wanna do too much to your electrical. That alt if it's really 220 amperage, that's plenty for what you need. Def n o need to replace. Big 3 and nothing else. You might have a good battery already, I dunno, you didn't mention it or I missed it.
Yes I would do the big 3 and replace my stock battery with a better one.

Just look at several video and Dyno tests of the Taramps DSP3k, looks efficient and with a very small footprint for being that powerful, the only downside is that its over budget.
How is the quality of the Taramps? where would be a good place to get them?
the guy thats selling his perfectly working one for 280 right there if you clicked the link to classifieds from my original post.

I bought an NVX JAD 1200.1 about a month ago for my future build but Im dead set on doing a triple SA8v3 or SA-X8v2 build so I will be under powering them.
The NVX is rated at 1,200 rms @ 1 ohm and certified at 1,384 @ 1 ohm, I will probably be getting somewhere around 1,150 rms @ 1.33 ohms giving each Sundown audio sub sub 383 watts and underpowering them.

To correctly power the 3 subs I would need around 1,800 to 2,200 rms @ 1.33 ohms.

My car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015 with a stock 220 amp alternator, what would be the best energy efficient and budget friendly (under $350) amp?

Here are a couple of amps Ive seen

Orion XTR2500.1 rated at 2,500 rms 1 ohm ($325, seen several birth sheets rating it at 2,900+ at 1ohm, the downside is that from the reviews its needs a lot of current)

Skar Audio RP2000.1 rated 2,000rms 1 ohm (very good price $230, good dyne test over rated power, don't know if its energy efficient)

Massive Audio E4 2,000 rms @1 ohm ($300, don't know if its energy efficient or certified output)

Precision Power ICE5000.1D 2,500 rms @1 ohm (very cheap $230 don't know if its energy efficient)

MB Quart DA2400.1 2,400 rms @ 1 ohm (Very cheap $260 don't know if its energy efficient)

Any other choices please let me know, THX in advance
I'd be interested in the 1200.1
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.