Precision Power Black Ice 7000.1D amp dyno

wondered when u would post it saw it a while ago.. can't believe it does that much at 2-1 and .5 ohm for the $.. idk how long it would last at .5 ohm though..

Perfection takes time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif JK, had some things I had to finish before I could finish this video. I'm building a whole set up in my basement for filming and testing amps. This video had the early stages of it and should be finished by the time I post the Soundqubed video....

Perfection takes time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif JK, had some things I had to finish before I could finish this video. I'm building a whole set up in my basement for filming and testing amps. This video had the early stages of it and should be finished by the time I post the Soundqubed video....
yeah like the see the new sq and all but i'm sorta interested in skar rp1500m only test i've see showed 1360 uncert # an like 1650 dynamic burst not certified #'s so sounds like it's about 1250 or so at 1 ohm.. i know u doing 2k that'll do over 2k i feel sure, so won't help me judge the 1500.. did u say the rp 1500 was like another ab amp?

Thanks for doing the work you do on these amps.Been a subscriber for a short time.

wondered when u would post it saw it a while ago.. can't believe it does that much at 2-1 and .5 ohm for the $.. idk how long it would last at .5 ohm though..
I had a black ice 520 4 channel running at one ohm after the left rear channel died from a blown speaker. Didnt care cause i planned on getting rid of it. Thing never even went into protect, let alone die.

right new ones not as tough., guy on his channel said he ran 7k at 1/2 ohm for little while and it popped..
He also said he could have been clipping it hard and didn't know, set his gains via his ear..... Also I question if his batteries had enough juice to keep this thing running at that load...

He also said he could have been clipping it hard and didn't know, set his gains via his ear..... Also I question if his batteries had enough juice to keep this thing running at that load...
yeah thats true 2900 rms needs ho alt and all.. peeps get something like that just to say they have 2500-3k on factory electrical or close then complain when it melts down..

I thought the same thing -- 54.6% according to that 282 reading -- A/B efficiency. I wonder if it's better when it's not at the edge of its output.
Most of these "Budget" amps I have tested have mostly had pretty poor efficiency. The Audiopipe was terrible for me, and the Soundstream Picasso wasn't much better. I actually started wondering if my clamp meter was off because I was testing a MTX RT500D and got a Efficiency of 51.6%. I figured no way a name brand was going to be that inefficient... Did another run on just 1 power supply so I could watch the built in AMP meter and low and behold I got the exact same current draw as I did on the Clamp... So the Clamp was accurate and the efficiency just stinks on these "Budget" amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.