Need an Amp but Uneducated

Thampy16

I'm recently new to the woofer world and highly uneducated but looking to make a build in my truck. I have ordered two 4 ohm dual voice coil Alpine Type R 12's that have a 1000w rms and 3000w peak. I have everything I need, except for an amp and wiring but I'm not sure how I should I wire it all or what amp to buy so I come to you wise veterans to ask for help. All tips and suggestions are needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thampy16']I'm recently new to the woofer world and highly uneducated but looking to make a build in my truck. I have ordered two 4 ohm dual voice coil Alpine Type R 12's that have a 1000w rms and 3000w peak. I have everything I need, except for an amp and wiring but I'm not sure how I should I wire it all or what amp to buy so I come to you wise veterans to ask for help. All tips and suggestions are needed.[/QUOTE]

id get a quality 2500 watt amp so you have a little headroom. for the wiring kit, you'll want 1/0 gauge. hit up @mylows10 he can get you what you need and help you with any technical questions you might have. If you want to go crazy, he has some quality *** 3800watt amps in stock for the price of 2000w lol

I'm recently new to the woofer world and highly uneducated but looking to make a build in my truck. I have ordered two 4 ohm dual voice coil Alpine Type R 12's that have a 1000w rms and 3000w peak. I have everything I need, except for an amp and wiring but I'm not sure how I should I wire it all or what amp to buy so I come to you wise veterans to ask for help. All tips and suggestions are needed.
Whats your budget on a amp and are you willing to spend extra on larger wires

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

yeah give us a budget, if you want a real 2000-3000w though, expect to need a HO alt and some good batteries and wiring

Would this clear me for an amp?Planet Audio AC2600.2 Anarchy Series 2600W 2-Channel AmplifierI have around a 500$ cap limit at the time being for the project and would not be opposed to buying larger wires. Would the big 3 electrical wiring upgrades be recommended?
Planet audio is a cheap brand and more than likely won't do rated. if you want affordable look into Rockville, the RXD-M4 will do nearly 3k@1ohm they are power hungry amps though so big 3, better battery, and OFC 0guage amp kit is recomended. As stated above though depending on your stock alternator rating you may need to get a HOA

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Would this clear me for an amp?Planet Audio AC2600.2 Anarchy Series 2600W 2-Channel AmplifierI have around a 500$ cap limit at the time being for the project and would not be opposed to buying larger wires. Would the big 3 electrical wiring upgrades be recommended?
you'll be lucky if it does 260 actual watts. Barely tickling the woofers. That is if the amp doesnt blow up in the beginning.

Would you suggest trying to find a 2 channel amp with 1000w rms a channel or running my speakers in a circuit with a mono? I'm not too sure on how my impedance would work on my speakers through the circuit though.

Would you suggest trying to find a 2 channel amp with 1000w rms a channel or running my speakers in a circuit with a mono? I'm not too sure on how my impedance would work on my speakers through the circuit though.
With that budge get yourself a american bass vfl 120.1..

Then do

2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

There are plenty 500$ amps that will do 2500-3500 real watts rms.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

no, if you gave the sub their own channel, youd have to wire them each to 2 ohms. so thatd be (2) 2-ohm channels, requiring a large expensive amp. find a nice 2000 or 2500 watt amp for ~$450-$500 and use 1/0 wiring for the big 3 and amp kit. do it right or do it twice player. There are decent budget amps out there, though. or get a used one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.