Need amp wiring help kinda stupid but

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thresher61

I just got a new amp for my truck my old one bit the dust. My question is can I run 4guage amp wire to power both of my amps. I am going to buy a power distribution block and run one wire and T off to both amps. Here is my set up and what I've done to it. I reran all new speaker wires 16guage NTX wire(think that's how to spell it), reisulated the doors to my truck. Cleaned and sanded down my grounding points to the amps. 4g wire for grounding. I have 4guage amp wire running from battery to my amp. Hv inline fuse at battery terminal. Length of 4g wire approx. 7 1/2' feet long. My system:

Kenwood double din 9990HD

Front speakers: 6x9 5-way speakers 640w each

Rear speakers Rockford Fosgate 6 1/2" two way round T16 70w each

Across dash 3-3 1/2" JLB two way approx 60w have tied into front 6x9's

1-12" Rockford Fosgate punch sub in vented box

Planet Audio 1500w old school 2 channel 4 ohm amp(for sub only)

1-new Pioneer GM-A6704 1000w 4 channel speaker amp.

My question is is my original 4guage amp wire big enough to power both my amps with a distribution power block installed?????

Thanks to anyone who will spend a couple minutes to answer my problem. I so much appreciate any help anyone can lend me so I can get this system back up and running. It has been running and sounding great. I've had so many compliments on this system, it sounds like concert right in my truck. I ha e a 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab thanks again to everyone you can email me if you like squate.clearcreek@gmail.com hope it's ok to add email if not won't do it again

Make sure you increase the fuse off the battery to accommodate both amps. I would personally go with the next biggest gauge between battery and distribution block, but you should be ok

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.