Need amp to push round q-series 12" 2 ohm dvc kickers

Bradbang

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
I got my new kickers and they are 2 ohm dvc 850 rms. I ordered a soundstream reserve that was stable @1 ohm 1700 rms. I got the wrong amp. I want the 2 ohm subs, but i didnt realize the soundstream would fault out instantly at .5 ohm. I tried just running 1 2 ohm 12 in series to 1 ohm to said amp, and my kicker 400.1 cxa pushed it harder. I need help guys. Right now im looking at taramps smart bass 3k, theres a couple memphis amps 2000@4 ohms, same with nvx. I dont know about nvx tho. Im really leaning towrds the taramps cause its stabke at .5 ohm 3000 watts. Which way do i go? Should i go 4 ohms or .5 ohms? Or should i send the kickers back for the 4 ohm and run @1 ohm and shop for amp that way? My end goal is teeth chattering bass. I can sacrifice quality a tiny bit for the deep lows, and these kickers can take some abuse, but id still like to keep clipping to a low.

So no. Send the subs back and get D4 ohm subwoofers or get a 2 ohm version Taramps MD1800.

What is a 1500ah battery?
1500 ah is amp hours. Its recommended to have 2 ah per watt of power. And im not opposed to doing the big 3. I was just hoping to get by without having to redo the alternator. Zero gage wire is a must, and a battery is deep cycle battery is easy. Just really dont want to have to spend the money on a new high output alternator if its not necessary. I may just run it @4 ohms 1700w anyhow and get a good 5 farad cap.

1500 ah is amp hours. Its recommended to have 2 ah per watt of power. And im not opposed to doing the big 3. I was just hoping to get by without having to redo the alternator. Zero gage wire is a must, and a battery is deep cycle battery is easy. Just really dont want to have to spend the money on a new high output alternator if its not necessary. I may just run it @4 ohms 1700w anyhow and get a good 5 farad cap.

Never seen a 1500ah battery in my life.

A 5 farad cap is just a waste of money. They are gimmicks. Super cap banks are a different story.

I just ran across this on YouTube. Bench test on a Down4Sound JP23 sub amp. Looks very impressive. The bass knob is really something else. There are volt/temp readings, there are power/protect/clip lights on it to go with the volume/gain button.

Went to the Down4Sound website and pics of a bench test showing it going to .5 ohms. And, bench tests show it surpassing specifications, separate from the YouTube video.

It looks to be a quality amp.

Maybe it's for you. Maybe not. Just had to let you know what I found.

I just ran across this on YouTube. Bench test on a Down4Sound JP23 sub amp. Looks very impressive. The bass knob is really something else. There are volt/temp readings, there are power/protect/clip lights on it to go with the volume/gain button.

Went to the Down4Sound website and pics of a bench test showing it going to .5 ohms. And, bench tests show it surpassing specifications, separate from the YouTube video.

It looks to be a quality amp.

Maybe it's for you. Maybe not. Just had to let you know what I found.

You will need really good electrical to supply that amplifier for the demand.I myself would not run a daily vehicle @.5 ohm. Id run 1or 2 ohm for a daily on sub stage only lower if I were competing or doing Burps. You wouldnt want to Cook a fairly decent amplifier on Chitty electrical and Void a Warranty in a couple weeks if not days

You will need really good electrical to supply that amplifier for the demand.I myself would not run a daily vehicle @.5 ohm. Id run 1or 2 ohm for a daily on sub stage only lower if I were competing or doing Burps. You wouldnt want to Cook a fairly decent amplifier on Chitty electrical and Void a Warranty in a couple weeks if not days
Point well taken. I, too, would never run a daily vehicle at .5 ohms. I don't think I would run any sub at .5 ohms. But, I just saw that video on that Down4Sound amp and was impressed. In fact, I saw quite a few videos on Down4Sound amps and they all easily surpassed published power output specs.

I know nothing of Down4Sound. Don't know if they blow up after a month or a year. But, unlike a lot of amp manufacturers, their published power specifications seem to be very conservative. And, priced very competitively.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...