Need amp advice

Dynaxx

I'm in the market of purchasing my first system this week and could use some help.

I have a 600$budget and need amp subs box and wires. So the subs I have picked are

Rockford P3 4ohm dvc 12" x2 in a vented 3.4cf box. So my question about amps are what's

the best amp I cam get for around 175-200$

So far I'm torn between the hifonics brutus 1200 and the NVX jad1200.

I'll be running at one ohm so I need a stable amp and I know my friend has had good

luck with his hifonics 1000d. I have not heard of NVX however so I'm not sure of there quality.

I know the NVX is 270$ however I placed a.order at sonic for it during the 25% off special last

week so I'll be paying only 202$ for it. The hifonics brutus is 160$ I'M up for advice on everything

that includes subs. Like I said my budget Is 600$ I could also take advice on what gauge wire kit

to use for this. Ill be using the Kenwood BT952Hd h/u that I purchased a week ago.

Any advice on this is greatly appreciated I plan to order this Wednesday morning through

sonic. thx

NVX is like SonicElectronix' house brand. At least Hifonics has a longer-standing reputation, even if it's one of overrating their amps. I'd say between the two, Hifonics. But do more research and see what else you can find.

I would recommend a 0-2ga kit if you intend to upgrade futher down the road. Otherwise, 4ga could probably do it but could be a potential choke point.

Look at KnuKonceptz for wiring...not on Sonic but considerably cheaper.

Also PMed you a link with that Brutus including an amp kit on Sonic at what seems like a fair price, but I'd encourage you giving a look at the Quart I sent you as well. You could use the savings to get a good 0ga kit with enough wiring left over to do a Big 3

It will be going into a 98 buick century. I found the scosche e3 3200 dual amp kit on sonic and

they will give me it for 69$ and this has the battery terminals as well. If need be I plan to run

a second battery or a big3. Atm I just got a regular battery that's 1075 ca 875cca. CCA is a big

thing for me since I live in Minnesota and it gets **** cold here lol. I looked at that quartz but its

1100 @ 2 or 1600 @ 1 isn't that to much. Someone said they push 2 750rms kicker cvx

subs with a brutus so I think ill stick that one out. And for the scosche e3 3200 kit are there

wires usually accurate on gauging? I picked it cause it give me the vchoice to add a second amp

if I chose and its oxygen free copper.

You're running 2 dual 4ohm subs. Wired properly that puts you at a 1ohm load. RMS or those subs is 600 which means the quart would provide great handling. If you just want a slammer amp you don't need to consider the quart but I'd still recommend it personally. As for wiring, scosche is pretty solid but why not support a CA vendor and go knu? Their 0ga will definitely be true to size.

Go with the Knu wiring definitely. You're going to get better quality and no gimmicks about the size. If you pay attention to the stuff at the audio shops or auto shops, you can see that the rubber surround on their wires is thicker than the actual wire itself, just making it seem like it's bigger than it actually is. It's worthless.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.