Need advices on Orion 225 HCCA build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Spyfunkr

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've had this Orion 225 for about 23 years, and its been in at least 4 different cars, and its amazing. I've had it driving 2 12''s down to 1ohm, and it simply breathes fire. Now its in a 2014 Accord Sport sedan. I want to make this as simple and cost effective as possible. All doors will be inside/outside treated with deadening, and probably the trunk. I am currently running a line-out converter from the rear speaker leads for the amp, and it is currently powering only a SVC 4ohm Inifinity sub in a band-pass box with a passive 80hz crossover., which is actually a 2 way stereo x-over with outputs for fronts. Front Focal separates are run off the factory head unit. This head unit is surprisingly flat response, so its staying, since it has good BT and AUX IN, for the time being.

I listen to mostly rock, quite often with double bass, Dream Theater, AX7, and anything hard/melodic. I believe this will compel me to a sealed box, and maybe even a different woofer.

My question is, can I get enough power and balance with this config, in terms of impedance and power distribution? Or do I need a DVC sub to drive the amp harder? How does this affect the separates up front? Am I totally over or under thinking this?

Thanks in advance!
:cool:Spy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.