Need advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Reapersrt82

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just installed my sound system in my 2021 chevy malibu I kept.the stock radio and display unit I tapped into the radio with a line out converter I put a toggle switch on the blue remote wire everything sounds great in the car with the trunk open but as soon as I close my trunk I get a low hit to the subs like a heartbeat does anyone know why or what could be causing the problem? I'm running a 2500 watt kicker amp with 2 12" comp r kickers, a 5.0 Farad pyle capacitor, my power and ground cables are 0 gauge wire I have 3 in line fuses on my power wire. All my connections are solid and have a heat wrap on them.

Is this a continuous "heartbeat" or a one-time hit? Your trunk is wired to your factory alarms system. If this is a one-time thing, it may be connected? If not, wait for some of our experts to join the conservation.

Could be that when the trunk is open, it's there but not audible until you close the lid. Pull the RCA's, see if it goes away. If it does, could be the HU or the LOC. If it remains, could be the amp is poorly grounded and picking up some type of electrical interference. If only present with the RCA's on, it would point to the LOC, HU or bass knob if applicable. Pull the RCA's from the LOC and try a different pair. Which LOC and is it and is there a remote BASS knob in the mix? Need to consider any item that is connected to the amp and the amp as the possible culprit.

Last edited:
So I tried new rcas and nothing changed I lowered my gain on the amp and it went away, but now when I touch my gas pedal I'm getting a loud humming noise through the subs. I've never had any issues on older cars the newer models are kicking my a**

Try removing all the signal from the amp, turn the gains up and down, see it is present. If it is, then the amp is the issue,if not, then it is the signal somehow . Which LOC did you install?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...