Need advice please

Participant count
  • Participant list

1loud2door

Hi everyone I am new here to the forum. I am from Michigan and looking for some help. I hope that some of you will be able to help me. I just recently bought a 1995 two door jeep cherokee and am looking to build a new system.

For electrical I already have the big three done and am looking at HO alternators now. I also plan on upgrading my battery situation after I figure out what I am going with sub wise and its demand. I am looking at running the crescendo bc 2000d as a starting point. has anyone ran this amp at .5 ohm? It says on their site that it is .5 ohm stable can this be done safely if the electric is up to par? Is it worth running it that low for the extra wattage versus strain on the amp?

Now for my main confusion lol. I cant decide on a sub! I've been doing a lot of research the past few months and have a general idea of what I would like to achieve. I want to run a single 15 or 18 for now. the ones I have been looking at are SSA's Zcon, sundown's zv3, zv4, Fi's bl or sp4 and DC's level 4 or level 5. I am not trying to create a versus thread here I am really just having a hard time deciding as I have never owned or personally heard any of these. it will be more for daily use than competing although i wouldnt mind putting it on the tl to see what it could do. If possible I would like to keep my backseat for now so Im thinking somewhere around 5-6 cubes ported sub up port back. Any other sub that fits into this category please feel free to mention.

Also I notice with alot of nicer setups people are running eq's. Is that something I need to look into getting?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.