Need advice on wiring 2 rear batteries.

Participant count
  • Participant list

gramser57
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 2 runs of 0gauge going to front to rear, my question is I want to wire 2 more batteries in the back making it 3 in total. Now when I connect the 2 rear batteries together do I also do 2 runs of positive and negative or will a single run for each power and ground suffice? Keeping in mind my monoblock has dual inputs and will pull 450amps of current.

Thanks

You dont need to do seperate runs for the batteries, use the runs you have for the amp now and charge your batteries with those and make your amp connections in the back off your battery bank

You dont need to do seperate runs for the batteries, use the runs you have for the amp now and charge your batteries with those and make your amp connections in the back off your battery bank
I have a XS power as a starting battery which is connected to 2 runs of wire to my rear battery which is a Deka, now I want to add another deka in the rear. Do I connect the 2 deka's in the rear with a single run of 0gauge or do I need to double it?

I have a XS power as a starting battery which is connected to 2 runs of wire to my rear battery which is a Deka, now I want to add another deka in the rear. Do I connect the 2 deka's in the rear with a single run of 0gauge or do I need to double it?
ohh ok if your asking about the connections between the two batterys close to each other in the trunk then 1 pos 1 ground will be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.