need advice on what 12" subs to get

srs121

I recently purchased a tahoe, so I have more then enough room to jam some speakers/subs in this bad boy. I just need some help deciding what I should put in it and a recommendation of what to push those subs.

I would prefer to put 12s in it, but 15-18 would be alright with me as well. I'm looking for it to be loud and powerful.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks again!!

What are your goals?

In other words...

How much power do you plan to run?

What kind of music do you listen to?

Are you building for the lanes, for demo or just for daily listening?

Are you more concerned with sound pressure or sound quality?

What's your budget?

What is your skill level as far as building enclosures?

Like going to the doctor, the more information you share here the more accurate and beneficial the advice you get will be.

What are your goals?
In other words...

How much power do you plan to run?

What kind of music do you listen to?

Are you building for the lanes, for demo or just for daily listening?

Are you more concerned with sound pressure or sound quality?

What's your budget?

What is your skill level as far as building enclosures?

Like going to the doctor, the more information you share here the more accurate and beneficial the advice you get will be.
This. You will get a much more accurate answer from here if you answer all of these questions.

I mainly listen to rap. As far as quality, I would like it to sound nice but still deliver that hard hitting bass, take your breathe away haha. Budget for my subs/amp. Would have to be round 1000-1500. I can make any modifications needed if an increased power out put is needed.

I mainly listen to rap. As far as quality, I would like it to sound nice but still deliver that hard hitting bass, take your breathe away haha. Budget for my subs/amp. Would have to be round 1000-1500. I can make any modifications needed if an increased power out put is needed.
This helps a little, do you want to give up 3 cubic feet or 10?

dont spend a bunch of money and then put them in a pre fab crappy box. have someone custom build you one. their are a couple great builders on here

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

what is it going in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I vote 2 15's! lol You can get a 2200w amp and make a custom ported box tuned to your liking (around 30-34hz for rap). SSA is definitely a good place to start. You can look into SSA Icon's, IA Flatlyne's, Fi Q's, etc.. or you could go 1 18" Zcon, which would take up less space. It will mostly depend on how much space you willing to sacrifice rly..

GCON-12 Sound Solutions Audio 12" 750W GCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

2 gcons on

Crescendo Audio Symphony S1500.1 - 1500 watts x 1 Mono Block Symphony Series Amplifier - SSA STORE

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I vote 2 15's! lol You can get a 2200w amp and make a custom ported box tuned to your liking (around 30-34hz for rap). SSA is definitely a good place to start. You can look into SSA Icon's, IA Flatlyne's, Fi Q's, etc.. or you could go 1 18" Zcon, which would take up less space. It will mostly depend on how much space you willing to sacrifice rly..
2k your talking batteries and alternator for a safe install

To give you an idea heres something im sure youll like alot and is right in your ball park

Sky high car audio 1/0ofc amp kit $125

Sky high car audio 1/0ofc big3 kit $90

Fi Car Audio Bl15 $500 fully loaded plus shipping which maybe will be $40 tops

Soundquebed 2200 not enough power but the sub will still move trust me. $450

Custom box $300 TOPS

All that is around 1500

And im sure youll love it.

Just an idea of what you can get that is some legit stuff

[quote name='C1500martin']To give you an idea heres something im sure youll like alot and is right in your ball park
Sky high car audio 1/0ofc amp kit $125
Sky high car audio 1/0ofc big3 kit $90
Fi Car Audio Bl15 $500 fully loaded plus shipping which maybe will be $40 tops
Soundquebed 2200 not enough power but the sub will still move trust me. $450
Custom box $300 TOPS
All that is around 1500
And im sure youll love it.

Just an idea of what you can get that is some legit stuff[/QUOTE]

Don't forget, you need to consider an alternator and batteries for that type of install like @mclerico83; mentioned

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.