Need advice on subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Oaman5

Hey guys I currently have 2 alpine type r's the 1242d models 500 watts I currently do not have a amp but the guy I bought them from let me listen to them he had 4 in all I'm wondering if I should buy the other 2 or would it be worth it he's only asking 100 each and 100 for the box I already have a box for the 2 I have now. I'm also wondering what kind of amp I should buy. What I really want to know is if these subs are any good and how much rms they can take a piece I also had a kicker cvx 15 in a custom built 4.5 inch cubic feet box with a hifonics brx2400 amp and it really kicked but just had to get rid of it for reasons should I get the other 2 type r's or get another cvx as I still have the box for that. I have a 2001 ford f150 super crew cab so it's kind of hard to find the perfect box as I don't have alot of room if I put it in the back seat especially for the 4.5 cubic ft box should I make a blow through box in the very back I have a cover on the back so I lt would cover the box I just don't know much about making the box but I am willing to do it I think I would have to cut inside the cab a rectangle. Any advice would be great and I'm sorry for all the questions I really don't know what to do. And yes I am new to the forum I read the rules about not posting about the loudest sub I just want what's best for my truck I will be running 2 batteries and a new alternator that I just got had to replace old one I need help because I am in a truck not a car its hard for me to get loud with limited space.

Id pull out the back seat and build a good box for the two Rs you have..Thats me..doing a bed cut just doesnt seem logical to me on these subs and power.Id do a bed cut on a comp vehicle only/show truck..Subs up ports up is what I have going on with 4- xfls..gets down pretty good

Ok man thanks for the advice I have decided to just use the back seat but I have 3 back seats so I'll only use one back seat. They fold down so I can put the box on top of the seat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.