Need advice on recent install for 2012 F150

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drew Barry

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently installed 2 6x9 Alpine SPR-69 speakers in my 2012 F-150. I added an Alpine MRV-F300 amp to power all speakers. The headunit is a Kenwood DDX9703S. 

It sounds ok but something seems off with the distortion and can't get the clear bass I'm after. I'm wondering if having 2 way speakers in the front doors now with the factory tweeters still hooked up is causing issues with Ford's factory crossover? I've messed around with every setting on the amp and headunit and just can't seem to get it right. 

I was thinking about moving the SPR 2 way speakers to the rear doors and just installing component speakers up front. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

We need more information about the signal in and amplification out to really help. 

Factory amplifier?

How did you wire the headunit the 4 channel amp? 

How did you wire the 4 channel amp to the speakers?

Do your 6x9s have a factory crossover?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.