need advice on my new box

Participant count
  • Participant list

frogcase2002
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Looking for tips on what else needs done to complete the box in my trunk if anything, its for my 15 zcon, 4.4 cubes tuned to 32, built it in the trunk then have one layer of fiberglass on all corners, just seeing if anyone sees anything wrong or anything to add to make it better,, and you think i should put the sub on the baffle before i put it on the box or what

why did you use fiberglass may i ask

i just had alot of resin and mat and stuff from another project im working on and figured it would make it stonger and make the corners more rounded, anything wrong with using it?

Last edited by a moderator:
By no means am I an audio expert like some members here. With that being said I once read a thread were a member suggested placing a vacuum cleaner hose on the box and observing the air that is able to be pulled from the inside of the box. They then suggested placing a small coat of resin to the entire inside of the box to prevent any lose. Makes sense I suppose? But again, Im no expert..

Well you have definitely sealed your trunk off backwards

yea kinda looks like it but there is probley at leat 6 inches on each side and i took the spare tire out so there is a pretty big opening under the box from in front of the box to almost all the way to my back seats that fold down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.