Prism, truncated edge box

Participant count
  • Participant list

dinkaTHEdon
10+ year member

So I got a noob question to ask, I don't know how to search it because all that shows up are jig cuts, and I know how to do a jig cut, so here is my question, when I'm cutting the angle of the wood, the table saw only says 0-45 degrees, now it calls for a 108 and 161 degree angle cut on the top and bottom, how do I do this with the table saw, do I subtract it from 180 so I get the other half of the scale? like 180 - 108 = 72? even then I wouldn''t be able to make the cut, because my saw only goes up to 45degrees, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME! I got everything I need now to actually put the box together, and just need this last bit of information so I can get this done, thanks in advanced.

I use what's called a T bevel......Think they are just a few bucks at Lowes or Depot.....It's adjustable.....You can lay it on the angle, tighten down a wing nut and walk over to the table saw and angle the blade to match........

if you have a table saw that only angles in one direction, this is a common problem, and a lot of times you'll have to flip it and cut from the other side.. (makes it fun when you try to use the fence)

2 Minutes Ago

ssteele18

Re: Prism, truncated edge box

Chances are you're just measuring the angle from the wrong point.. 160 degrees is the same as 20 degrees from the other side..
Is there a formula for this? I never was good at simple math.

1 Minute Ago

RangerDanger

Re: Prism, truncated edge box

public schools...
I barely passed school, my mom did a lot of drugs when she was pregnant with me, gave me a learning disability, so I never was able to pick up on things or retain information very well, severe nerve damage to my brain causes me not to understand a lot of ****, so in a sense I'm a functioning retard.

Is there a formula for this? I never was good at simple math.

I barely passed school, my mom did a lot of drugs when she was pregnant with me, gave me a learning disability, so I never was able to pick up on things or retain information very well, severe nerve damage to my brain causes me not to understand a lot of ****, so in a sense I'm a functioning retard.
Woah.. Umm well its quite simple. A perfectly horizontal line(say, the table saw) is 180 degrees. One side is 0, the other 180. Straight up would be 90(the saw blade). If you flip the protectors around, it would read 0-180 or 180-0... So figure out what the equivalent is and flip it around. Its hard for me to put it in words without showing you. Lol

go get a simple angle finder and a speed square and do as suggested above and layout the angle on a table pick it up with the finder and transfer it to the saw, this is the best way as some saws angle degree markings are not precise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dinkaTHEdon

10+ year member
dinkaTHEdon
Seattle, WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from