Need advice on my audio system setup, not getting much power from my sub

17tusol4

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
Good afternoon, I have a earthquake subzero 10 inch 1,500 watt sub with a 1,600 watt kicker amp connected to it and I am running a 1,400 watt cable wire, I am not getting much power out of the sub, not sure if it's because of the low wire wattage or if I need to get a stronger amp, could you give me some advice of what the problem could be and how I can fix it or make it better, thanks

Running a 4 gauge copper cable from car battery to a kicker cxa800.1 amp

And from the amp I'm running a 12 gauge wire to the subwoofer both are aluminum wires

Looks like that amp puts out 600 watts at 2 ohms which is what your sub can be configured for. I would get a higher power amp. You can run 1200 watts or so on your 4 gauge.

3,000 will require an electrical upgrade and much bigger wire. You could get something like a 1500-1750 watt amp to have a little headroom. I bet you can push that sub a little harder than RMS. Put some power on that baby.
Could I get a 2500 watt amp if I get a capacitor if so what kind do you recommend?

could you give me some advice of what the problem could be and how I can fix it or make it better, thanks
I agree with CRX. Everything seems perfectly matched so best step is a ported box.
Screenshot_20210114-062154(1).png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.