Need advice on amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

White02wrx

I own an 02 WRX wagon. I plan on doing a new stereo, and was wondering what you guys though of it/ advice on what amp might be good for this setup. I also would like to keep most of the equipment hidden under the seat or in an area 9.25 x 34 in. And I would like an amp that has a Remote bass control b/c I have a wife that get migraines and need to be able to turn off the base if need.

Alpine CDE-147BT HU

Morel Maximo’s 6.5 components Fronts 90w rms

Earthquake Sound DBXI-10D Sub 400w rms

was thinking of these amp let me know if any are crap or what might be better.

Amp JL Audio XD500/3 or

Polk Audio PA D5000.5 or

Alpine MRX-V70

Thanks in advance!

How did you come up with Earthquake for a sub? I don't know anything about the quality of that subwoofer, but it's an odd one to see mentioned on this site.

Can you tell us a bit more about what you want for your system? It's hard to critique your list when you haven't said what features you need or what your budget is. None of those amplifiers is crap.

Guess thats another question. If I run my door speakers at 4ohm will it cause problems to run the sub at 2ohm if I stick with a 5ch amp? If not the I will run the sub DVC to 2ohm.

I use to have an earthquake sub a while ago. It was an amazing sub, so I was kinda just sticking with what I know. But im open to suggestions. I do plan on hiding the sub under the rear floor hatch just above the spare tire like in ( DIY Spare Tire Subwoofer Box (Retains Spare Tire in its Stock Location!!) - i-Club ). as far as money goes I would like to keep in under 400 for the amp. Price for sub 150-300 but 300 is pushing it. Im really all about well balanced clean music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.