Need Advice: CD/MP3 player for a Jeep Wrangler

caschbre

I just got myself a '98 Jeep Wrangler SE with the stock AM/FM radio. I'm looking to eventually upgrade the whole sound system, but wanted to start with getting the HU. I'd like to get a CD/MP3 player and I'm not sure what would work well with a Wrangler due to the shock it might take, so I guess I need something with good skip-control. I'm also planning to add additional speakers / sub-woofer in the future so I'll need something that can go w/o those right now but handle them in the future. I'm not looking for the top of the line, high $$ model... but I don't want to waste my money on something that just won't work / sound well.

Originally posted by bass_mekanik just about any cd/mp3 player will work but the best bet would be to get a mid priced one with at least 2 preouts and inbuilt x-over if posssible
I guess my next question would be what is a good CD/MP3 player that falls in that range. I'm not to particular about the look of the model, but more interested in the sound quality, anti-skip & then features.

Right now I'm looking at these models....

Kenwood KDC319

Alpine CDA-7894

Pioneer Premium DEH-P740MP

I've been checking the threads and these models seem to be in good favor with most people. Are there any other models that I should be checking out?

I'd go w/ the premeir. It works great for me, and i have a Wrangler too, although it's a 92. make sure you get the remote, cuz the reach to change the song's is kinda extreme.

P.S. Subs in a Jeep is fukin insane. It makes my ears hurt like a biatch

Go with a CD Player that won't skip in your ride. Also, if you decide to add subs, invest in some good, long bolts. I know how it is in Charlotte. I live here. If you leave the top off/open, you will be riding in silence the next morning. I've seen that happen way too often. Its a shame, but its a fact.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.