need advice but don't bother if you hate newbs and cheap off brand BS

I thought I would update this thread now that I installed this box/amp/sub. I left the box sealed and bridged the Pioneer 200 watt amp. I used a adjustable Boss LOC and a Pyle 12 inch sub. I tied the LOC into the factory system after the factory amp on the rear channel that powers the factory 6x9s. I put Bass Patrol in at low volume and setup up the amp gain and the LOC gain. Both of them ended up being set at the normal setting and at low volume I was getting excited bc the sub was making good bass (to me anyways). So I started turning it up and the bass almost completely disappears as you turn the volume up. The factory 6x9s have always behaved like this too but I thought they were factory speakers and maybe the bass response just sort of drys up at medium volume and up, but now my sub does the same thing. I think the factory Delco HU actually removes bass as volume is increased. Can anyone confirm?

The funny thing is I can turn the bass all of the way up, and leave the volume really low and play a bass cd, and the rearview is vibrating, change in the console making noise, bass sounds good but you can barely hear the highs or words. Start turning it up and the bass starts getting quieter! What gives?

My guess is that you're hard clipping the amp. Turn your gains down. I think you are reaching the output limit of your sub amp way before the limit of the head unit. When you turn an amp way past limits it won't sound good at all.

I appreciate your feedback but your answer was not relevant. It turns out that my factory amp contains an equalizer that varies with output. I mentioned in my previous post that I connected my LOC after the factory amp. That was the problem. But what the heck, posting whatever irrelevant BS about price and getting what I pay for is par for the course around here.

ndxml.jpg
[/img]

CONRa.jpg
[/img]

8lt6l.jpg
[/img]

wdCPY.jpg

0MEPk.jpg

jaGmQ.jpg

V5YFB.jpg

y9hJc.jpg

ogrfw.jpg

N78A9.jpg

Thinking of porting with one of these toilet flanges. It would be neat bc I can use 4 inch or 3 in PVC with the same flange. After I installed it, I would fill the spaces in the ring with bondo, sand, and paint to match the box. I could change port lengths and diameters easily by removing the sub.

6nqzuaoioYjmzBF0Lb4t3NlJbK05yErDRr83y7BJ7cqVmjWSS3P7CmJmKItNWgPCYtVmtzv0yaKffU4m49itPNUNXUv9gNamqpCs44wfpZErYCBjCU1k7uJzw4pJNnbz77DJYVEf6AwiusbcDrGmULIqc3uAGZvZfTkayjxQzg

Thinking of porting with one of these toilet flanges. It would be neat bc I can use 4 inch or 3 in PVC with the same flange. After I installed it, I would fill the spaces in the ring with bondo, sand, and paint to match the box. I could change port lengths and diameters easily by removing the sub.
6nqzuaoioYjmzBF0Lb4t3NlJbK05yErDRr83y7BJ7cqVmjWSS3P7CmJmKItNWgPCYtVmtzv0yaKffU4m49itPNUNXUv9gNamqpCs44wfpZErYCBjCU1k7uJzw4pJNnbz77DJYVEf6AwiusbcDrGmULIqc3uAGZvZfTkayjxQzg
now that would fit to a T.

posting whatever irrelevant BS about price and getting what I pay for is par for the course around here.
Figured that out already, huh?

I agree with the quackmeister: you did some decent work on your enclosure... kudos to you for that.

Unfortunately, "putting perfume on a pig" is the phrase that comes to mind with that Pyle.

Hopefully it suits your needs, tho

I thought I would update this thread now that I installed this box/amp/sub. I left the box sealed and bridged the Pioneer 200 watt amp. I used a adjustable Boss LOC and a Pyle 12 inch sub. I tied the LOC into the factory system after the factory amp on the rear channel that powers the factory 6x9s. I put Bass Patrol in at low volume and setup up the amp gain and the LOC gain. Both of them ended up being set at the normal setting and at low volume I was getting excited bc the sub was making good bass (to me anyways). So I started turning it up and the bass almost completely disappears as you turn the volume up. The factory 6x9s have always behaved like this too but I thought they were factory speakers and maybe the bass response just sort of drys up at medium volume and up, but now my sub does the same thing. I think the factory Delco HU actually removes bass as volume is increased. Can anyone confirm?
The funny thing is I can turn the bass all of the way up, and leave the volume really low and play a bass cd, and the rearview is vibrating, change in the console making noise, bass sounds good but you can barely hear the highs or words. Start turning it up and the bass starts getting quieter! What gives?
sounds like the amp gain is too high.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.