Need adivce with electrical

Participant count
  • Participant list

REDz28
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
So I'm going to be running a soundstream xxx6500 with two zcon 12" d1 subs. Wired to 1ohm. I'm getting a 275 amp alt with 170 amps at idle. I'll be doing big 3 with 0 gauge wiring everywhere. Now here's where I need my adivce. I'm on a bit of a budget and need some new batts. I was originally told 3 optima yellow tops and I'm good to go but I hear bad things about optima a lot. I was then told deka would be a good choice but I don't know which size batts to get or how many. I have a shurkien bt120 local for 230$ but if someone can help me figure the total amount of batts I need and what size I'd be set, I am on a budget so nothing crazy expensive please

Check out Kinetik, they even have a calculator that will help with how many of what kind of battery you may need on their website. Take that approximation as just an approximation though. It may be helpful to let us know what the OEM alt rating was as to determine what your electrical system will require to run everything outside of the audio.

OEM is 105 with 75@ idle I believe. And hm I'll check with kinetik now but I was thinking maybe a batcap 4000 and stock battery under the hood for now

I was told 3x KHC1800 with out changing current starting battery. So I think maybe a batcap 4000 & 2000 would cover it completely. But I'm not positive

You have a ls1 what do you want all the weight for??? I have a 02 trans am myself and have yet to touch it i hate having stock but want to keep it fast and clean

Sorry to get off topic anyways i would do 3 maybe 4 xsd3100's that amp is power hungry from what i hear and if you dont have the voltage to keep up with it it can burn up quick. I know they arent cheap but you cant go wrong with them 10 year warranty is also great.

You have a ls1 what do you want all the weight for??? I have a 02 trans am myself and have yet to touch it i hate having stock but want to keep it fast and clean
Hahaha I don't race, more of my cruise car and daily driver. Ill be entering comps though so that's why I'm looking for a killer system

Go to Costco and get 4 group 14 starter/deep cycle batts for $400. You be farther ahead for the money than buying kinetik, xs, deka, or optima for the same price.

Ok so I'll need battery upfront? I'm kinda hoping I can squeeze my batcap 4000 under the hood.

To update though I'm getting a 300 amp alt and a batcap 4000 for now. Debating on just getting a yellowtop for my starter or diehard platinum from sears

But I think as a cheap alternative since my Starter battery is brand new from the local Chevy dealer. I'll get a isolater should keep my batcap from draining stock correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.