Need a sub powerful enough to keep up with my 2000wrms amp

Hey guys sorry if you have been over this a million times but I'm looking for a sub/subs that will keep up with my 2000wrms mono block amp, all the shops I have been to have not been helpful at all I ask for something close to 2000wrms and they show me a 800 wrms 15" sub and tells me that's all I'll need, not what I want, so if anyone can help me out with what subs I should get that will take up about 90% of my amps power would be great

Thanks

Josh

Hey guys sorry if you have been over this a million times but I'm looking for a sub/subs that will keep up with my 2000wrms mono block amp, all the shops I have been to have not been helpful at all I ask for something close to 2000wrms and they show me a 800 wrms 15" sub and tells me that's all I'll need, not what I want, so if anyone can help me out with what subs I should get that will take up about 90% of my amps power would be great
Thanks

Josh
you still have not said what amp you actually have. Also taking into account voltage drop and rise a good 800 watt rms sub would be fine on the a 2k amp

I wouldnt go with high powered subs because a 2000 watt amp will not make the subs see 2000 watts all the time. Music is dynamic and there's voltage drops and impedance rise to account for. You wont see more then 1200 rms even if your amp does rated power. A pair of 600 rms 15s would serve you best if you have the space for a proper custom ported enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.