Need a Sub and Amp Recommendation

Participant count
  • Participant list

jswags

Hi all. First time being on here.

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): Was looking at a 12"

Budget: Would like the amp and sub to be no more than $600.

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): Have no amp yet. Was looking at subs that have one integrated already or buying a separate one after I figure out what sub I want.

Space available: The trunk in my Jetta is large, I have a lot of room to play with.

Goals: I would like deep, loud bass.

Listening habits: I listen to a lot of rock along with a combination of dance/drum and bass. Occasional rap here and there.

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: My local shop is a JL retailer, so I could see about getting a discount with them if I buy it there.

Just some more info - I've done some research already and feel like a ported would better fit my needs. 12" also seems like a sweet spot for the music I listen to. I will see if my local shop can cut me a deal, otherwise I'll be hoping for a deal this upcoming Black Friday, but I was looking at this line of subs:

ACPS112LG-TW1 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - MicroSub+

It has an integrated amp which I do like.

The other option is to get just the sub and the enclosure in one, and buy a separate amp:

CP112LG-TW1 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - MicroSub

Going this route would cost a bit more but I could probably get a much better amp than the included one along with the external amp being easier to change if it goes bad or what not.

I'm kind of stuck between these two, but I am all open for suggestions.

Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.